Posts: 83 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poole, UK
@christexaport

I must admit, I completely agree with what you said.....even quoting me in a semi bad way!!! I had got bored of typing.

I think symbian is a competitor for iPhone and Android, and it's overall marketshare proves so. Although the majority of people don't see it yet (mainly due to not being advertised to the masses), meego will be the next OS to take the world by storm on the SmartPhone side of things, it (as Maemo currently) is so far ahead of the others out there

Last edited by davidh101; 2010-02-21 at 02:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to davidh101 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
Its becoming more open, with T-mobile offering to support any phone you can stick your SIM card in, but you are right, you can not buy iphone from Apple. You can get it unlocked from Hong Kong or Australia and use it on T-mobile, etc.
And as the USA cellular networks finally get out of the backwards hole they were in you'll see companies like Nokia regain interest in the USA market.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
And as the USA cellular networks finally get out of the backwards hole they were in you'll see companies like Nokia regain interest in the USA market.
Does anybody in the US care about NOKIA?

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by davidh101 View Post
I don't believe for one minute that Nokia are expecting this phone to be a really big seller, or 'iPhone Killer', afer all, it isn't a phone, it's an Internet Tablet that just happens to have some phone functions.
I hate this phrase but I find myself using tablet mode more and keeping my Blackberry Bold/N82 - the latter for GPS/calls - so perhaps you are right

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by davidh101 View Post
I really can't believe you have said that.......and people wonder why the US has a reputation for being stuck up their own ***
Please don't think that he speaks for the majority.

Does anybody in the US care about NOKIA?
Given that there are members on this forum that are interested in Nokia products that live in the USA, I would say yes.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Given that there are members on this forum that are interested in Nokia products that live in the USA, I would say yes.
Read the previous implication as if US networks are wooing NOKIA.........it is NOKIA that wants to get into bed with US networks, not the other way around.......

Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
They want a reliable device that will do as much as possible. When it comes to smartphones, iphone and droids rule.
...in the US and A. High five!

Originally Posted by Thor View Post
...in the US and A. High five!
Yeaaaaahhhhh bro! Proven to do well in Afghanistan too!

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
...... Remember, vast majority of people are not developers. They want a reliable device that will do as much as possible. When it comes to smartphones, iphone and droids rule.
What exactly do you mean 'rule' ? In terms of awareness, perhaps so but not so much technically. I just dont know what these can do that an Nokia 5800 cant and with better sound to boot. No wonder Nokia is still on top even with an ageing UI. some people want functionality not just form. Try running 2 apps at a time in IPhone out of box, btooth any file or comparing the 5800s speaker / sound quality, durability etc with either of these. Nokia may not be the talk of the town but its not going away anytime soon. The world does not revolve around the US - only 5 percent of the phone market.
You are dead right though, Noka must STEP up its game and improve QA etc.

Tags
ppl without self control, troll pen