Active Topics

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Hi,

As far as I knew the N9 "harmattan" video player support FLV but the browser doesn't show these videos?? is there anyway to run videos from the browser directly ? different bowsers maybe? or a bowsers plug-in to do that??

did anyone try if the default player able to run videos from the web? "buffering"? or any others

What about the new update 1.2 with the webkit 2.2 does it support such a thing? or shall we fill a bug ?

thanks, and sorry for my poor explanation!!

All I've done is get youtube videos so far, and like you said, it plays in the player itself.
Really not a big deal to me but Orb doesn't work like it did on my N900 so that sucks. It just keeps buffering endlessly.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Being able to play FLV files and being able to play flash videos in the browser are two VERY different things.

WIthout a proper flash browser plugin, there's no way to get to the actual .FLV file that a web page would stream as it's usally wrapped up in some flash applet like a video player (that's what gives you your playback controls in youtube, for example).

There are several methods and desktop browser plugins that can extract the .FLV file from a flash video website. If all you needed to play flash video on the webpage was the ability to play FLV files, then these tools would not be needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
BTW, as far as I've noticed, the stock video player on the N9 does NOT support .FLV videos.

To play FLV videos on my N9, I must use mplayer.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
BTW, as far as I've noticed, the stock video player on the N9 does NOT support .FLV videos.

To play FLV videos on my N9, I must use mplayer.
The stock player will play 480p YouTube videos, which are .FLV. Others I have tried have either failed to play or have played with a very low framerate.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Firefox can play WebM and Ogg Theora videos, even straight in youtube. Strange that the default browser doesn't have support for WebM until now.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Being able to play FLV files and being able to play flash videos in the browser are two VERY different things.

WIthout a proper flash browser plugin, there's no way to get to the actual .FLV file that a web page would stream as it's usally wrapped up in some flash applet like a video player (that's what gives you your playback controls in youtube, for example).

There are several methods and desktop browser plugins that can extract the .FLV file from a flash video website. If all you needed to play flash video on the webpage was the ability to play FLV files, then these tools would not be needed.
Thanks

Well, I'v said that after trying my friends iPhone which is "doesn't" support flash!!!

and this is what the default player supports "officially"
3GPP formats (H.263), ASF, AVI, Flash Video, H.264/AVC, Matroska, MPEG-4, VC-1, WMV 9, XVID
anyway, what i'v understand from you guys, there's no way to run flash videos without flash plugin ???

thanks