Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by anzx View Post
http://swipe.nokia.com/

did anyone notice this? Is this "1000 improvements", new or just old outdated stuff?
Check the date of the web page (in Firefox with 'view Page info'), you get

Modified: 2012-07-06T14:06:19 EEST

Just a year old news

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
The FB client was a Photoshop thing...

Even paid clients don't look that good... but anyways, FB in the default browser is good enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to danested For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
what about porting qt moko to n900 n9?

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by danested View Post
The FB client was a Photoshop thing...

Even paid clients don't look that good... but anyways, FB in the default browser is good enough.
hm photoshop, but the idea for new meego facebook application is good

Well i think this platform still can survive till the next few years like what happened with nokia n900. I, personally havent found any reason to get a new phone. I am a person that dont like to use a common stuff so this phone really suits me. Lack of apps is not really matter since some core apps like whatsapp is available. People that love this platform so much might be going with jolla or using other alternative like ubuntu. I am quite interested with jolla but still waiting it to come out. I really love this phone, found this phone has some uniqueness that others phone hasnt had. I hope jolla can continue the good work of meego

The Following User Says Thank You to kevincostan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kevincostan View Post
Well i think this platform still can survive till the next few years like what happened with nokia n900. I, personally havent found any reason to get a new phone. I am a person that dont like to use a common stuff so this phone really suits me. Lack of apps is not really matter since some core apps like whatsapp is available. People that love this platform so much might be going with jolla or using other alternative like ubuntu. I am quite interested with jolla but still waiting it to come out. I really love this phone, found this phone has some uniqueness that others phone hasnt had. I hope jolla can continue the good work of meego
If spotify, facebook and meego works for eternity I will be using my N9, just excellent phone in size and usability

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Slovenia
It's 2014 now, I'm still using N9 and can't stop loving it... and so Sailfish is out but it looks like step back from MeeGo to me (as user), it looks more complicated aswell...
So was googling around N9 again, and found this:
http://my-meego.com/faq/showquestion...ldAuto=9&faq=2

It's probably old stuff, but MeeGo project was Nokia-Intel deal right?, so Nokia backed off Harmattan, but what about Intel? Did they throw everything away too and went to Tizen?

The Following User Says Thank You to anzx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Halemba
I've think that N9 Is Doomed. Why? We do not run upstream kernel. IHMO it's the biggest strugle. Without new kernel in few moths we wont be able to run Sailfish OS (Which runs shity on N9- low performance, call issue, I cannot download any single app from store)
My sincere hope is in Nemo mobile but as it's strugle to bring daily os (Wayland migraton and also kernel) GPS probably will not work at all because Nokias properitary protocol.
Nitdroid could be relief, but it's not updated, I don't think that e-yes is working on it anymore. Maybe If we could make a a real Bounty for a proper CM port (no just AOSP- CM bring more power to user)( BTW, android look awesome on n9). There's android phone with the same SoC SL 9003 (samsung). I hope that new Neo900 will provide a working phone - not like OpenMoko did. Nor that I will buy one, I keep my fingers crossed .

Originally Posted by anzx View Post
It's probably old stuff, but MeeGo project was Nokia-Intel deal right?, so Nokia backed off Harmattan, but what about Intel? Did they throw everything away too and went to Tizen?
Nokia leaved MeeGo, Intel found new partner (Samsung) And they moved their toys to new playground TIZEN. Which did not deliver anything more that S3 Developer devices(Super hiper secret to public).

Last edited by WallAR; 2014-02-05 at 19:32.

Tags
voting for nemo