Notices

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Yes, it does, but there's a lag between the commands.

E.g., when holding the volume on the app, the LED on the TV goes blip__blip__blip. When using the native remote, it goes blipblipblip (about twice as fast). The TV doesn't budge the power unless someone holds a button.

I need to hold the red button for the power to go off and hold 0-9, power, TV, AV or so to get it to power up.

Also, the app lags, as in, holding the volume for 2 seconds actually increases the volume for 3 or so, overshooting the intended volume. It seems to queue commands faster than sending them out.

--
Edit: Sorry, missed the part where people know and consider the bug.
--

It is still a big issue with the images of the remotes in the pictures app. Can't you store them somewhere else, where they aren't indexed? A theme has 15 or so buttons, that's 30 images plus backgrounds. My images app is unusable. Add two themes plus irreco (versus qtirreco) and it's lost to me.

Any ideas? Different folder? Hidden? /.themes ?
I shall look that command sending tomorrow, maybe I can get it faster enough. That lag thing I haven't found solution. But tomorrow there will be new version out with atleast hidden themes folder.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nirpe For This Useful Post:
I have installed qtirreco and no matter what remote i download from the data base my media center remote receiver (which lights up when ever any IR is picked up, even from my CFL light bulbs!) doesnt light up when buttons are pressed. and neither does my IR sensitive web cam show any light coming from the IR port when buttons are pressed?

has anyone had this problem of the IR emitter not emitting anything?

tried multiple remotes from database! nothing

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
Bluetooth should not have anything to do with the IR transmitter on N900. The problem is probably in the IR configuration file which you can find here http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/.
Nice repository but they only have one Insignia remote which doesn't work...
I'm guessing Best Buy sold more than one type of home brand. :-(

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by southwalesboy View Post
has anyone had this problem of the IR emitter not emitting anything?
There might be a problem with lircd not being up and running (or something like that, I don't really understand it yet...)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
There might be a problem with lircd not being up and running (or something like that, I don't really understand it yet...)
That's correct. Lirc daemon must be running with QtIrreco and you can check it typing ps in X Terminal. You should see this line there:

/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --listen=8765

Wow - just saw that irsend is also available on my device now. Where does it originally come from? Does it get installed by QtIrreco? Or is it a dependency?

This should make it quite easy to build a Nikon Remote Shutter Widget...

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

A more general question: is QtIrreco planned to be the official successor of Irreco? When to take what version?

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Wow - just saw that irsend is also available on my device now. Where does it originally come from? Does it get installed by QtIrreco? Or is it a dependency?
irsend is part of lirc and lirc is QtIrreco's dependency. I think that nobody is anymore developing Irreco. QtIrreco is Qt version of Irreco.

E: typing errors

Last edited by nirpe; 2010-01-08 at 13:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to nirpe For This Useful Post:
Just to tell everyone that on next week I'm starting developing QtIrreco with Qt 4.6 libraries so next release can take a while when Qt 4.6 comes official for Maemo 5. Feel free to post suggestions for UI and of course other bugs

The Following User Says Thank You to nirpe For This Useful Post:
How can I make sure that lircd is up and running?
Because it doesn't go up by default after a reboot - however it seems that QTirreco is starting it up for it's own needs in this case.

I can however get it up manually doing a "sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart", but am not sure if this is a) available on default device and b) the proper way to do it.

Tags
irreco, qtirreco