Notices

Hello,

maenotify is a simple app that will show you the latest missed calls/sms on the screen when it is locked,without requiring to unlock it.
As I had pre-announced it some times ago here.

The project page is here : https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maenotify

The latest version (0.3) is on extras-testing now :
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...maenotify/0.3/

Mandatory screenshot:

Feedbacks are welcome!

Test&Vote

Best Regards,
Daniele Maio

Last edited by b0unc3; 2010-05-14 at 20:00.

The Following 106 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
Alan_Peery, anidel, antezz, Aonsaithya, Apoc, arjunkumar87, Ash, attila77, Au{R}oN, azizija, Behemoth, benny1967, biggzy, Blaizzen, Bundyo, calltrace, ceevee, Chrome, Cobra, codeMonkey, corduroysack, Corwin, Crugath, Cue, DaSilva, davedickson, devu, dhanurdhar, Digicom, Dousan, ed00, El Amir, F2thaK, FarmerF, Faz, felbutss, fms, frals, gordonshowers, grog, HellFlyer, Helmuth, igorgomes, illo1977, Inacurate, ioan, ivyking, jcharpak, jfk, jorjino, juahan, kik, kojacker, kopele, Laughing Man, lcuk, leetut, lolloo, LordVan, m1lan, mannakiosk, mikec, Mindflyer, mmlado, moepda, MohammadAG, msa, navsin, nightfire, niqbal, nymajoak, oldnetdog, omeriko9, pelago, Petteri, pyromaniac, qwenjis, qwerty12, Ragnar79, saadgadit, sachin007, Schturman, scottadamsjnr, sdixit, Shady 91', shiny, skalogre, slender, SR90, Stealth131, Straycat, Strutten, sula, thp, tissot, Tomaszd, v13, Venemo, wheatbisc, Wikiwide, x-lette, xperto, Yorky, zincholic, ZogG
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Hmmm, my lockscreen went black i mange to get it to work once.

Edit: Locking and go to lockscreen immediately shows blackscreen but if you wait a while it shows correctly.

Last edited by antezz; 2010-05-14 at 19:50.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Cool stuff. PR1.2 will contain a "counter" on that screen with the amount of missed calls / unread SMS, but showing the contents (sender+time) on that screen is an improvement over that

hey how does this work? i installed and restarted the phone, called myself and hung up. when i checked my lock screen i got no notifications.
note that i am using a wallpaper of my own and not the one that came with the phone

Originally Posted by deylo View Post
hey how does this work? i installed and restarted the phone, called myself and hung up. when i checked my lock screen i got no notifications.
note that i am using a wallpaper of my own and not the one that came with the phone
The procedure is correct.
If your personal wallpaper is under /usr/share/theme/your_theme/backgrounds/lockslider.png then you will have no problem using maenotify.

Thanks! I wonder how this will conflict with PR 1.2 once it comes out though.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Thanks! I wonder how this will conflict with PR 1.2 once it comes out though.
Me too... This is definitely good feature to have.

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Very cool.

As you are already updating the image on this screen, any thought to including an option for displaying owner's name and phone number?

The Following User Says Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
any thought to including an option for displaying owner's name and phone number?
I would like to "+1" that part!

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Amir For This Useful Post:
Very nice. Will test tomorrow :-)