Notices

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Stellenbosch, South Africa
@JSTAR, That is very strange, sounds like DPKG didn't correctly remove the .desktop file. What you can do is run the following in a terminal:
Code:
sudo gainroot
rm /usr/share/applications/hildon/AppLock.desktop
rm -R /opt/applock
rm /usr/bin/applock
rm /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.sierrasoftworks.AppLock.service
That should remove all the files and links created by AppLock (v0.3.1 also creates a settings file in /home/user/.applock)

@cutehunk04, Just tried installing it again and it appears that it all functions fine. That being said, I did find 3 small bugs that got introduced between my last test build and my repo build (Don't ask :P). They include the following:
1. The menu's background gradient (for dimming the screen's background when it is visible) is too dark at the bottom
2. Locking Binary applications isn't working for some reason (Probably an issue in the UI's QML)
3. The app seems to think that some applications which are NOT scripts are in fact scripts... Will look into that

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
Originally Posted by SPARTAN563 View Post
@JSTAR, That is very strange, sounds like DPKG didn't correctly remove the .desktop file. What you can do is run the following in a terminal:
Code:
sudo gainroot
rm /usr/share/applications/hildon/AppLock.desktop
rm -R /opt/applock
rm /usr/bin/applock
rm /usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.sierrasoftworks.AppLock.service
That should remove all the files and links created by AppLock (v0.3.1 also creates a settings file in /home/user/.applock)

@cutehunk04, Just tried installing it again and it appears that it all functions fine. That being said, I did find 3 small bugs that got introduced between my last test build and my repo build (Don't ask :P). They include the following:
1. The menu's background gradient (for dimming the screen's background when it is visible) is too dark at the bottom
2. Locking Binary applications isn't working for some reason (Probably an issue in the UI's QML)
3. The app seems to think that some applications which are NOT scripts are in fact scripts... Will look into that
just now i have uninstalled and reinstalled it ... but still the same... shows the lock applications in applock and when i click on the lock application it open up...

Hmm, that is very strange. If it is showing the lock icon there then it should almost certainly be locking the apps. When you click Apply Changes does your phone lock? Otherwise if you could go and run applock -d from a normal terminal (not as root) and tell me what it says?

You could also try removing your settings.db file (in /home/user/.applock) after uninstalling it, and then reinstalling it. Uninstalling it doesn't remove the settings.db file.

I have pushed v0.3.2 to the autobuilder and my website, same links, which fixes the problem with the menu and the problem with adding binary applications (forgot to add the new settings management code to that function).

EDIT: Also pushed the latest source to Git if anyone wants it.
gitorious.org/applock-n900

EDIT2: Okay, well it looks like the menu bug was fixed and replaced with another variant of exactly the same bug :P. Will fix that in v0.3.3. In v0.3.2 it has a white background rather than a transparent one, meaning you can't see menu items behind it. Not a massive problem but it will aggrivate me until I fix it

Last edited by SPARTAN563; 2011-07-14 at 21:27.

Originally Posted by SPARTAN563 View Post
Hmm, that is very strange. If it is showing the lock icon there then it should almost certainly be locking the apps. When you click Apply Changes does your phone lock? Otherwise if you could go and run applock -d from a normal terminal (not as root) and tell me what it says?

You could also try removing your settings.db file (in /home/user/.applock) after uninstalling it, and then reinstalling it. Uninstalling it doesn't remove the settings.db file.

I have pushed v0.3.2 to the autobuilder and my website, same links, which fixes the problem with the menu and the problem with adding binary applications (forgot to add the new settings management code to that function).

EDIT: Also pushed the latest source to Git if anyone wants it.
gitorious.org/applock-n900

EDIT2: Okay, well it looks like the menu bug was fixed and replaced with another variant of exactly the same bug :P. Will fix that in v0.3.3. In v0.3.2 it has a white background rather than a transparent one, meaning you can't see menu items behind it. Not a massive problem but it will aggrivate me until I fix it
here is the screenshot for the command applock -d

Okay, run this:
Code:
killall AppLock
applock -d
and let me know what is gives?

Also, v0.3.2 is in the repo now if you want to try it

The Following User Says Thank You to SPARTAN563 For This Useful Post:
working now.... ) update with version 3.2... and its working like charm... great app... and thanks for keeping patience (^_^)

Wow, that is awesome to hear
I still need to get script monitoring working as well as some other stuff but knowing that the UI is working so far is awesome

*Goes to find something to break*

hello spartan,
FIrstly, I would like to congratulate you on this application. I have been waiting for a year for this type of app. I downloaded version 2.2 which I uninstalled and now re downloaded latest version 3.2. I am having some problem starting the app. I click on the icon and it asked for lock code. After entering lock code screen is black and nothing happens. Could you plz help me? I am noob in linux so plz be patient. Thanks in advance

@linuxnoob, Could you open up a terminal from your menu (X Terminal) and type the following into it:
Code:
applock
Then if the screen goes black after you enter the lock code press Ctrl+Backspace, go back to the terminal and press Ctrl+C to close applock. Then Scroll to the top of the terminal and check if there are any error messages there. Otherwise you can do this instead:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs
applock >> applocklog.txt
and attach the applocklog.txt file to your next post so that I can look at it.

Thanks

@spartan, Thank you so much for quick reply. I did as you said. I am writing whole message I got...
$ applock
Phone locked
qrc:/qml/mainWindow.qml:1:1: module "QtQuick" is not installed
Checking Lock Status for Complex App
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Camera"
"com.nokia.cameraui"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Catorise GUI"
"com.nokia.catorisegui"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Chess"
"com.nokia.osso_chess.startup"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "CrazyParking"
"br.org.indt.crazyparking_startup"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "DrNokSnes"
"com.javispedro.drnoksnes.startup"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "EightyOne"
"org.teulings.illumination.eightyone"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Extended Call Log"
"org.maemo.extcalllog"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Faster Application Manager"
"org.maemo.faster_application_manager"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Firefox"
"mozilla.fennec"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "FreOffice"
"com.nokia.FreOffice"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "iNES"
"com.fms.ines"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "KMPlayer"
"com.nokia.kmplayer"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Blocks"
"br.org.indt.maemoblocks.startup"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Certificate manager"
"com.nokia.certman"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Mahjong"
"com.nokia.osso_mahjong.startup"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "MediaBox"
"de.pycage.maemo.mediabox"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Miniature"
"org.maemo.miniature"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "E-mail"
"com.nokia.modest"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "N9Profil"
"org.indt.N9Profil"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Backup"
"com.nokia.backup"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Marbles"
"com.nokia.osso_lmarbles.startup"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "Conversations"
"com.nokia.MessagingUI"
DBus Monitor Loaded: "StockThis"
"net.yerga.stockthis"
^C

I think it qtquick problem but its just a guess. If it is just give me details how to install it. Sorry for the trouble

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxnoob For This Useful Post: