Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
normal or not you can force it to install those packages with "apt-get install" followed by package name. I had like 5 packages being kept back.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Following Woody's comment, no desktop conversation widget here, so db corruption can be triggered by something else - or something more probable with conversation widget activated. No modest crash 'til now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Thanx MAG & others for bringing this update.

Is it possible to have Email & Contacts in portrait mode? Can you guys find a way out to include it in the next upgrade?

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
those work fine if you download cssu tuner and enable the forced rotation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joonne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dee Why, Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Yes, it should work flawlessly. You will have to type some command in terminal:
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true
Remember to reboot Maemo.

If You want to change wallpaper for portrait mode, just turn device to portrait and enter desktop edit mode.
Hi guys,
Since I installed the latest update to Testing Flavour and ran the above command, I am getting a black sceen background while in portrait mode.
I have the phone in portrait mode when editing the desktop. When i am done editing, the background is still black. When i switch to landscape the background has been changed.
Any help for this noob would be appreciated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickyt900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I have a problem, my hildon-desktop keeps crashing on boot after setting portrait wallpaper. Which probably mens reflash... i do have recoveryboot of pali installed.I tried to disable via gconftool but i get the following error: error setting value: No D-BUS deamon running. What can i do to revive my n900 without reflash?

Edit: Well managed tot create a backup via osso-backup, xterm button on powerkeymenu was the lifesaver here. Still need to reflash i think -.- restoring settings didn't work

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2011-12-03 at 11:17. Reason: some typos + added info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
hy i`ve just installed cssu stable version , wrote in x terminal this "gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true" and then restarted the device and now aftert is started up the desktop icons dosen't appear anymore and the device restarts again.. and so on.. please help

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by mdeacu View Post
hy i`ve just installed cssu stable version , wrote in x terminal this "gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/portrait_wallpaper -t bool true" and then restarted the device and now aftert is started up the desktop icons dosen't appear anymore and the device restarts again.. and so on.. please help
wrong threads....post your problem HERE...not in this thread....here is for CSSU testing only....

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
As in my case hildon-desktop only keeped respawning and crashing. in the end I managed to get in xterm and run osso-backup and made a backup and reflashed

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
wrong threads....post your problem HERE...not in this thread....here is for CSSU testing only....
that comand is in the 4-5-th post here, so i don't agree with u.
i can confirm that comportament also - black desktops in portrait mode, bo background changes.

Tags
cssu testing