Notices

Originally Posted by augustthe View Post
for all who getting kernel panic on multiboot just enter this command in xterminal
code:
root
apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg kernel-power-modules
then
apt-get install --reinstall multiboot-kernel-power
and
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
then reboot you see 2.6.28.10power44 show up on multiboot
it work for me
Worked for me also. Thanks!

Originally Posted by christoph View Post
installed 44 today. and sound does not work.
When starting, I have to enter the pin. And even then there is no click and no vibration with the new kernel. And the nokia-handshake-film is not shown. When fully started, pulsaudio does not run and the volume-Buttons don't do anything. Mediaplayer states that it can't play any media. I tried 44 and 43. Both have the same problem.
I Downgraded to 42 and everything is fine again. Is there anything I can do to help debugging this problem ?
Same happened to me, no sound. When I tried to start a song with media player it said: unknown format. And I had a further problem my phone started only on every second boot. Back on maemo40 know. works like charm again. But of course no usb-host mode. Since which version is the usb-host mode included? I dont need multiboot, but I'm very interested in the usb-host mode.

Originally Posted by Matan View Post
The difference between power43 and power44 is only in a different version of u-boot. If some whose system hangs with power44 can try with power43 (after flashing the stock kernel, as per Kieron instructions), run in xterm as root:

apt-get install kernel-power=2.6.28-maemo43 kernel-power-modules=2.6.28-maemo43 kernel-power-flasher=2.6.28-maemo43

And tell me if this version also hangs, it will help me in tracking the bug.
So is there no way to get it to boot if it does the hang thing? I don't even do multiboot, so i didn't think i would have a problem, but after i installed and hit reboot it is hanging. I can get it to let me get to a terminal type thing if i have the keyboard open, but i don't know where to go from there.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Cape Town, South Africa
I'm only getting the penguin screen with waiting for kernel. I've tried to reflash but after a few minutes of waiting with my finger going numb on the "u" key it comes back to the damned penguin. Its driving me nuts. I've tried every key and combination of keys while on the penguin screen to no avail. Seems this is as far as it will go and no further. I can't really read what is said on the penguin screen because of bad eyes and no screen backlight. Feeling very very lost without my phone right now and no backup device to bring my work day forward. Can anyone tell me what would be the logical next step when even reflashing wont work?????

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany

big ****, just starup say kernel loading(staring) and nothing

Originally Posted by titan View Post
please read my post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=5071
Read and understood...but it doesn't really help because I dont seem to be able to reflash. Or switch on, or anything except get this penguin and the "Starting Kernel" thing. If I hold the U key and connect usb the text appears to be different (eyes not good enough to read). I do NOT get the usual usb symbol which says that I am in flasher mode. My pc does not recognise that my phone is connected. And thats where I sit. It's taken me last night and this whole morning to get absolutely nowhere.

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by doonit View Post
Read and understood...but it doesn't really help because I dont seem to be able to reflash. Or switch on, or anything except get this penguin and the "Starting Kernel" thing. If I hold the U key and connect usb the text appears to be different (eyes not good enough to read). I do NOT get the usual usb symbol which says that I am in flasher mode. My pc does not recognise that my phone is connected. And thats where I sit. It's taken me last night and this whole morning to get absolutely nowhere.
turn your device off. start the flasher. connect the device via USB. turn the device on.
that should work.

titan nope not working

Originally Posted by titan View Post
turn your device off. start the flasher. connect the device via USB. turn the device on.
that should work.
That's just my point.....it doesnt work. I still get the penguin except that the text appears to be different (tiny text...too small for my eyes). I've started the device in the regular way. I've connected with usb while switched off. I've connected while switched on. I've connected while switched off and holding u. Penguin penguin penguin

Oh, and I've held u then connected usb and THEN put in battery. Still penguin