Posts: 37 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Bandung, West Java Indonesia
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
There is a part of the forum, devoted to Buy&Sell.

Good luck.
okey wikiwide, can we start meeting about maemo community and others, because i saw in any browser, some website for maemo can't be access anymore, and i don't want something happen again to maemo and any application.

The Following User Says Thank You to VinsAlvins For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by VinsAlvins View Post
hallo bro.. tinggal di mna nih?, boleh dong maen ke sna buat sharing tentang nokia N900
jauh gan, ane di surabaya. gabung aja di grup n900 di facebook

The Following User Says Thank You to supergaban For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Bandung, West Java Indonesia
Originally Posted by supergaban View Post
jauh gan, ane di surabaya. gabung aja di grup n900 di facebook
oke gan ntar deh ke sna..
soalnya masih rada bingung buat newbie kyk ane gan hhe

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
okey wikiwide, can we start meeting about maemo community and others, because I saw in any browser, some website for maemo can't be access anymore, and I don't want something happen again to maemo and any application.
Meeting about maemo community?.. There is IRC channel maemo-meeting on Freenode where you can often see members of Maemo Council. As well as maemo channel for general maemo-related questions...

Yes, lots of websites previously hosted by Nokia went down. Yes, Nokia refused to let maemo.org to re-host some of the files, so they have to be found elsewhere (Nokia's closed source bits have licence making it difficult to host them?).

No, third-party (non-Nokia) applications are generally not threatened by that. I think that many of them are already in maemo.org repositories - there is even non-free part of repositories for closed-source applications.

Yes, Nokia's Ovi store is going down. Much of it (free apps for Fremantle) is backed-up here. Having something similar for Harmattan (Nokia N9) would be nice.

If there is an app, or several of them, in danger of disappearing, back it up and tell us? If it's open-source, it should not be difficult to mirror it on maemo.org repositories. If it's closed-source, it may be more complicated - depends on licence.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Meeting about maemo community?.. There is IRC channel maemo-meeting on Freenode where you can often see members of Maemo Council. As well as maemo channel for general maemo-related questions...

Yes, lots of websites previously hosted by Nokia went down. Yes, Nokia refused to let maemo.org to re-host some of the files, so they have to be found elsewhere (Nokia's closed source bits have licence making it difficult to host them?).

No, third-party (non-Nokia) applications are generally not threatened by that. I think that many of them are already in maemo.org repositories - there is even non-free part of repositories for closed-source applications.

Yes, Nokia's Ovi store is going down. Much of it (free apps for Fremantle) is backed-up here. Having something similar for Harmattan (Nokia N9) would be nice.

If there is an app, or several of them, in danger of disappearing, back it up and tell us? If it's open-source, it should not be difficult to mirror it on maemo.org repositories. If it's closed-source, it may be more complicated - depends on licence.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...
okey thanks friend

hey i've got the problem..
said " mkdir cannot create directory '/and' file exists "
what should i do?

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
It is possible that you already have file with the same name as the directory you are trying to create - I am not sure, but mkdir does not like it.

And, I do not get it. Are you trying to create directory
Code:
/and
in root /
or
Code:
./and
in local directory ./
?

Thank you. Best wishes.

It is possible that you already have file with the same name as the directory you are trying to create - I am not sure, but mkdir does not like it.

And, I do not get it. Are you trying to create directory
Code:
/and
in root /
or
Code:
./and
in local directory ./
?

Thank you. Best wishes.
i try /and in root but
~ $ root
Nokia-N900:~# /and
-sh /and: Permission denied

it said permission denied

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
i try /and in root but
~ $ root
Nokia-N900:~# /and
-sh /and: Permission denied

it said permission denied
That would be because /and is not executable.
Can you do
Code:
ls -l /and
and post the result?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That would be because /and is not executable.
Can you do
Code:
ls -l /and
and post the result?
works, but still can't create directory..

i'll do this because i want to install android in my n900

Tags
maemo 5, nokia n900