Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Me: same as Copernicus plus number 4 - the sun was there, the phone was there, even I was there, but driving at 80 mph down a busy motorway. Not the best of times to take competition pictures

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Attachment 37743

My Jolla "the first one" has captered this only yesterday, then I have noticedt his topic being fit
Really like this picture.

It's good example of golden hour picture in itself, but the girl (or maybe a boy) in the middle part of picture is interesting. She appears to have a winter coat like this:

Yet, the runners in the foreground seem to be in a warm climate and ste-phan's nick is located in Hanoi, which I would assume would also mean warmer temperatures.

Okay, enough about that. Just got hang up on that detail.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Last night was supposed to be full lunar eclipse, when the moon would be full and fiery red... bummer, woke up well in time for it but the cloud cover over southern finland was so dense there was no sight of the moon....

Next one is not due until 2018, so there.
Last night was also a supermoon. Quite a rare thing for them both to occur at the same time, the next supermoon total lunar eclipse won't occur until 2033! I was quite fortunate that it was a clear night where I am (very uncommon in my city!). I took some photos on my N900 but they didn't come out very well. I fiddled with ISO and exposure to no avail.

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Missed that as well, it was just ten minutes...
The full eclipse lasted for maybe a couple of hours here. Even more if you count the time from when it first started to eclipse.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
For a comparison with chenliangchen's 808 masterpiece, here is the best picture my Jolla could master. It was taken last night, about 18 hours after the eclipse/supermoon combo. The moon was very low, you had to shift your position to see it over the rooftops. It was also extremely huge. There are some street lights visible in the photo as well. The moon is the smudge in the middle. I used manual settings. Tried about 20 different permutations, none of them made a smidgeon of a difference.

Name:  20150928_001.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  15.5 KB

EDIT:
Just to clarify, this is NOT my entry. This is.

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-10-20 at 06:25. Reason: Clarification

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Really like this picture.

It's good example of golden hour picture in itself, but the girl (or maybe a boy) in the middle part of picture is interesting. She appears to have a winter coat like this:

http://puffercoats.org/wp-content/up...nter-coats.jpg

Yet, the runners in the foreground seem to be in a warm climate and ste-phan's nick is located in Hanoi, which I would assume would also mean warmer temperatures.

Okay, enough about that. Just got hang up on that detail.
Haha, back in my early N900 days I spent a lot of time in Hanoi but this is Oostend in Belgium and in the climate over there you never know what to wear one hour in advance.. However I can confirm that Hanoians are very eager to start wearing such jackets whenever the temp drops below 20 degrees in the sometimes very chilling wintertime.
When reviewing my picture on Jolla I thought it was an African hair style but on the computer screen we can see it more clearly

http://1drv.ms/1FzCBxA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
For a comparison with chenliangchen's 808 masterpiece, here is the best picture my Jolla could master. It was taken last night, about 18 hours after the eclipse/supermoon combo. The moon was very low, you had to shift your position to see it over the rooftops. It was also extremely huge. There are some street lights visible in the photo as well. The moon is the smudge in the middle. I used manual settings. Tried about 20 different permutations, none of them made a smidgeon of a difference.

Attachment 37748
I guess when it's normal light, Jolla camera can be a mediocrity and still can take good pictures, but in extreme condition like that it completely fails, Jolla camera's sensor size will be incapable to take night shots in that condition I guess. (Most camera sensors on mobile phones will fail, anyway.)

But we can still see the moon being very big, compare with other objectives.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
When does the voting start? I doubt I will be able to catch any golden hours here, but hopefully, I will take part in next competition...

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
there are so few contenders that it would be useful to extend it with a month ? We need pictures not voting

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
^^^ Sounds like a good idea to me. Let's see if Half likes the precedent

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
It it were the case to extend it I could go for making a beautiful golden hour N900 picture in Autumn's Berlin! If not, the next theme.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition, golden, golden hours, light, october, september