Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Amstelveen
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Try to molest MAG with constant ping's at IRC and PM's sometimes. I think he can leave his f****n N950 toy for a second, and fix uploading of package that he maintains - one requested *months* ago.

No hostility. No disrespect. Not demanding. Just irritation.

/Estel
Hello Estel,

I was able to find:

http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...fer1_armel.deb

Can you please let me know, if this is the correct framebuffer kernel?

Thanks

Helllo Estel,

I Got this after extracting teh above:

./
./boot/
./boot/zImage-2.6.28-20101501+0m5-framebuffer1.fiasco
./usr/
./usr/share/
./usr/share/doc/
./usr/share/doc/kernel-framebuffer/
./usr/share/doc/kernel-framebuffer/copyright
./usr/share/doc/kernel-framebuffer/changelog.Debian.gz

is this the FB Kernel, I am looking for???

Originally Posted by kirillkk View Post
Although the thread is quite old, I want to post have some answers to the problem described initially.
What's happened to the n900?
In my case it was subjected to overvoltage due to broken car charger (13V).
Why doesn't it boot in normal mode?
BSI sense circuit is fried. So battery detection fails while booting. I don't know which component is the problem (may be bsi opamp?), but the bsi pin seems to be tied to 0.6v and adc value is in range 241-245

In my case bq27000, charging circuit, usb are still working. 2.5v supply and adc seems to be ok. Low battery alerts can be disabled by hiding .desktop file from battery applet. Sometimes I need to restart bme to initiate charging. So the device can be used, but it may not be safe since I don't know what else is blown.
hello kirillkk,

Even if there is some circuit broken, due to over-voltage. Can it be repaired? I feel it is the case with me.. since everything works fine (the Flashing and everything)... but it just cant get out of that Nokia logo screen.. it is not detecting the the correct voltage to get pass the Nokia logo... is there any way to by pass the watchdog circuit which senses the battery voltage?

Honestly, I have no idea, but it shouldn't hurt to try. Also, keep in mind, that since few versions, kernel-power also got framebuffer (yet, You need to modprobe it early during boot process, afaik framebuffer kernel had it hard-coded somewhere).

As for framebuffer kernel (specific one), all my experiences with it are from second-hand - i.e. from reading TMO< never used it myself, so I know as much as You now, or even less I'm using viewable framebuffer output on every boot, but through kernel-power and modprobe fbcon.

It mean, that You need to experiment on your own - of course, any feedback from Your struggles is highly appreciated. Successful attempt could be documented and help others

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Thanks Estel,

I will try to flash with whatever I got today, and will let you know what happens :-D. So after flashing (with the correct framebuffer) when I booot I shd see.. whats going inside on the screen of my N900?

If this doesn't help . i would want to try the power kernel with modprobe fbcon.

regards,

The Following User Says Thank You to rocky18tid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rocky18tid View Post
Thanks Estel,

I will try to flash with whatever I got today, and will let you know what happens :-D. So after flashing (with the correct framebuffer) when I booot I shd see.. whats going inside on the screen of my N900?

If this doesn't help . i would want to try the power kernel with modprobe fbcon.

regards,
Now I am done with everything I cud possibly imagine!!! I feel sick now :-( I flashed it successfully with...
"flasher-3.5 -k zImage-fb-omap1.bin -f"
"flasher-3.5 -k zImage-fb-omap1.bin -f -R"

"flasher-3.5 -k zImage-fb-omap1-pr13 -f"
"flasher-3.5 -k zImage-fb-omap1-pr13 -f -R"

Nothing happened... I dont even know how it looks when I flash it with framebuffer kernel.. how will it show me where the problem is.... I dnt even know if I hav got the correct framebuffer or NOT...

Can anybody... help me...............

Hello Guys,

I am Happy to say that my N900, started working again, with out any issues!! I do not know how it happened, I just tried to switch it on just before giving it for repair to somebody... n wooha.. I cud seee something on the screen (though the battery hadnt been charged for months!!).

Those three dots finally appeared and it asked me for the date time setting!!

The only thing I rem i did.. last was to flash it with the so called framebuffer I had... n then nothing happened .. then again I flashed it with the latest images. n then nothing happened.. .. and then turned it on after 2 months with out charging the battery!!!! :-D

The Following User Says Thank You to rocky18tid For This Useful Post:
Thanks for info. Just be careful, in case of curse returning - I don't believe thinks like that happen and go away without reason.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ mumbai - INDIA
i am having the same problem, i think i over volted the bq chip may be i m not sure.

I am a complete newbie to any type of programming or coding or compiling.

Please help me. I can follow the steps if given in simple term.

I am using in RD mode and cannot boot in normal mode, also i cannot charge using charger or usb.

Please please help me guyz!

Last edited by cletus; 2012-12-05 at 06:31.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ mumbai - INDIA
guys please help me...

i am desperate now!!!