Active Topics

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Belgium
Hi,

I was wondering what is currently the best way to make generic sip calls on the 770? So far, the only working methods I have found is to use the internal Gtalk client with gtalk2voip and Gizmo.

Gtalk2voip seems a rather clumsy method, since you cannot use your contacts list, and have to type call user@siphost.com for every call, and Gizmo does not seem to be compatible with the other sip services I have tried (mostly betamax-style sip accounts).

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Belgium
AfAfter some hacking around with apt-get, I managed to get the bora version of osso-rtcom-beta
installed on os2007he, which allows me to add sip accounts, which seems to work for poivy, a
betamax clone. A minor issue is that the email 'app' now crashes when I attempt to use adresses from the addresbook (a known bug with rtcomm beta on bora). Oh well...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
rittf800, when I still had my 770 (thinking that it's dead now still makes me sob) I used Gizmo and it worked best with several accounts I tried. (What was especially worth noting: Gizmo was and still is the one client that almost always gets across NAT-situations in networks I can't control. I still have it installed for this very reason as a backup even though I now use Telepathy-SofiaSIP now on my N800.)

So if you experience problems with your SIP provider and Gizmo, maybe there's still some setting you missed. Did you try Gizmo-specific forums?

Tags
sip 770 os2006 os2007