Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
KylliOrvokki's Avatar
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 587 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#1
I thought we could start separate thread for Jolla Tablet user experiences. (similar than for Jolla phone)

This would keep delivery-, etc. threads clean.

Some external reviews:
http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/11/l...-jolla-tablet/
http://www.techanics.com/mobile/joll...id-app-support
http://www.argyllfreepress.com/2015/...tional-swipes/

Give your own review here and discuss about Jolla TABLET experiences!

Edit:
It would be also interesting to know what Applications people have installed Successfully to Jolla Tablet outside Jolla store and where to get it.

Last edited by KylliOrvokki; 2015-10-22 at 18:32.
 

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
coderus's Avatar
Posts: 6,044 | Thanked: 11,160 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
#2
no jolla tablet outside store until all preorders are shipped, only some rare second hand ones.
__________________
Twitter | Openrepos | GitHub | PayPal.Me
 
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 698 times | Joined on Jul 2012
#3
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
no jolla tablet outside store until all preorders are shipped, only some rare second hand ones.
Second hand Jolla tablets? Where?
Coderus, he's talking about apps btw
__________________
BWizz - best N9 bookmark editing tool! Check it out ->BWizz for Harmattan

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com
 
KylliOrvokki's Avatar
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 587 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#4
I corrected first post little bit. Maybe its more clear now?
Excuse my French. Its even worse compared my English.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
coderus's Avatar
Posts: 6,044 | Thanked: 11,160 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
#5
lol, sorry
__________________
Twitter | Openrepos | GitHub | PayPal.Me
 

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 157 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on Dec 2013
#6
I got mine yesterday and used only the browser for a short while. The display is ok, but the speed is compared to the phone not increased (slow "hickup" scrolling in the browser, etc)

I'm thinking about selling it here as I do not really know what to to with a tablet in general, and especially with the Jolla as there are almost no applications available ... and if I want to run Android applications it's better to buy an Android tablet.

EDIT: what's a bit sad is that it is not possible to sync application settings with the phone. So either I configure e.g mail by hand or I have to copy the config via ssh. Nothing a normal user would ever do.
 

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 698 times | Joined on Jul 2012
#7
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
I got mine yesterday and used only the browser for a short while. The display is ok, but the speed is compared to the phone not increased (slow "hickup" scrolling in the browser, etc)

I'm thinking about selling it here as I do not really know what to to with a tablet in general, and especially with the Jolla as there are almost no applications available ... and if I want to run Android applications it's better to buy an Android tablet.

EDIT: what's a bit sad is that it is not possible to sync application settings with the phone. So either I configure e.g mail by hand or I have to copy the config via ssh. Nothing a normal user would ever do.
Where are you located?
__________________
BWizz - best N9 bookmark editing tool! Check it out ->BWizz for Harmattan

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com
 
KylliOrvokki's Avatar
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 587 times | Joined on Oct 2014
#8
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post

I'm thinking about selling it here .
maemo.org > Talk > Devices > Buy & Sell
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27
 
Posts: 157 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on Dec 2013
#9
Originally Posted by KylliOrvokki View Post
maemo.org > Talk > Devices > Buy & Sell
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27
I just mentioned I'm thinking about it, so what?
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 430 times | Joined on Dec 2013
#10
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
I got mine yesterday and used only the browser for a short while. The display is ok, but the speed is compared to the phone not increased (slow "hickup" scrolling in the browser, etc)
I think next update should help with that(at least one Jolla sailor said something like that).
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfishos

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:46.