Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 513 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Is there any way to get root inside aliendalvik on the Nexus 4?

Posts: 6,001 | Thanked: 10,975 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Open Mobile Platform, Innopolis, Russia
so why you installed sailfishos if you need android applications to use which requires root?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 513 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
No necessity, just mere curiosity. I messed around with a few things including tinkering with your package for the Jolla 1, and manually installing supersu. I even tried kingroot (eww...). However, I haven't been able to get anywhere.

The main thing I wanted was the f-droid privileged extension to ease auto-updating. However, i was able to install it without rooting alien by copying the apk to /opt/alien/system/priv-app, changing permissions, and using apkd-install.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
No necessity, just mere curiosity. I messed around with a few things including tinkering with your package for the Jolla 1, and manually installing supersu. I even tried kingroot (eww...). However, I haven't been able to get anywhere.

The main thing I wanted was the f-droid privileged extension to ease auto-updating. However, i was able to install it without rooting alien by copying the apk to /opt/alien/system/priv-app, changing permissions, and using apkd-install.

try this package, but before you do backup this file '/system/bin/su'

https://mega.nz/#!0c1DHQhD!wZA8RS7hm...OYIGrAVAa33yhQ

I was trying yo get root in my aliendalvik. I was able to run kernel manager (which needs root) with root priviledges. Although root checkers said device was not rooted, But actual programs that need root did work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
try this package, but before you do backup this file '/system/bin/su'

https://mega.nz/#!0c1DHQhD!wZA8RS7hm...OYIGrAVAa33yhQ

I was trying yo get root in my aliendalvik. I was able to run kernel manager (which needs root) with root priviledges. Although root checkers said device was not rooted, But actual programs that need root did work.
i have try root package from openstore but i don't no that alien dalvik that can't detected status if the device rooted or not .
that strange, i try your package and see what happen .