Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
Given the pattern of pre-order and delays, it's reasonable to assume that the trouble with the next financial round started around September time. The extra pre-ordered were sold to increase the size of the production batches and save costs. These people took a huge risk to try to make Sailfish work - of course they meant to deliver at the time they were sold. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise unless they specifically meant to attack these guys.

Please remember that the alternative to all these claims of fraud is that a bunch of people are on the brink of bankrupcy after having their funding pulled. Everything they've built over the last few years, even a decade for some, could come tumbling down. Imagine how it must feel to see a bunch of your supposed fans rant on the internet about how you always intended to rip them off. Honestly, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

If the money does come in, that the tablet deliveries get priority over the refunds mentioned in that last blog post. Tom should have to wait at the back of the queue to get his $242 off George Bailey.
Thank you for your comments, as a Privateer for Jolla, who has been with the company from the beginning. If it came down to a choice of being paid or shipping tablets to you guys. I'd choose shipping the tablet out every time. I am also sure I wouldn't be the only sailor that would say that.

It is indeed hard listening to some of these scathing remarks and not being able to give much reassurance. I can however say that everyone in Jolla has been trying their hardest, despite financial difficulties, to make the tablet product the best we can. And what everyone really needs is your understanding, support and compassion. It's these characteristics we thrive on, which we do get from the majority of the community, and is needed to drive us forward, no matter how stormy the seas may be.

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Gotham
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Sure. Have a look for the Aigo x86 tablet.
They just bought logo

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Has anyone seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhjoUZR1jOw

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Don't have time for an hour yet, does the video say anything good?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
Don't have time for an hour yet, does the video say anything good?
I haven't listened to the whole video yet, but what I notice that it's the date... He left Jolla way before this was even uploaded...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Thank you for your comments, as a Privateer for Jolla, who has been with the company from the beginning. If it came down to a choice of being paid or shipping tablets to you guys. I'd choose shipping the tablet out every time. I am also sure I wouldn't be the only sailor that would say that.

It is indeed hard listening to some of these scathing remarks and not being able to give much reassurance. I can however say that everyone in Jolla has been trying their hardest, despite financial difficulties, to make the tablet product the best we can. And what everyone really needs is your understanding, support and compassion. It's these characteristics we thrive on, which we do get from the majority of the community, and is needed to drive us forward, no matter how stormy the seas may be.
Excellent answer. How is the shipment coming along?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I haven't listened to the whole video yet, but what I notice that it's the date... He left Jolla way before this was even uploaded...
He has alot of good points of running a startup in it; it appears clear that his belief (at the time of recording, at least) is the tablet campaign will be a success.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2015-12-16 at 07:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Has anyone seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhjoUZR1jOw
Can i judge person if he is not wearing shoes on interview?

P.S. And where is his tattoo?

P.S.2: he is talking about N900 and idea of making it opensource. He is using opensource as always in any opportunity

P.S.3: i want to point out that I do not like that people saying "I used to.." "I was ..." but at the end we see the results that there is no more maemo, meego or Jolla. It sounds like "I can move mountains with my thoughts, I just don't want to" =)

Last edited by ZogG; 2015-12-16 at 08:02.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
P.S.3: i want to point out that I do not like that people saying "I used to.." "I was ..." but at the end we see the results that there is no more maemo, meego or Jolla. It sounds like "I can move mountains with my thoughts, I just don't want to" =)
Past does not count in startup world - only meaningful time is NOW, and FUTURE!

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Past does not count in startup world - only meaningful time is NOW, and FUTURE!
You forgot:
SOON

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: