Since modest become usable with last (first) ssu update I thought: what the heck, lets give it another try.
Used claws-mail previously and liked the idea to be able to be complete in charge about receiving mails and get status information about mail boxes via command line. In combination with cron the possibilities were limitless. Check mails from 07:00 to 09:00 all 10 minutes. Till 13:00 every 5 minutes. After work every 30 minutes.
Play different sounds depending on the mail amount or flash the led in different colors.
Think you get my drift.

Any chance I can control modest in a simular way?
Anyone know if there are commandline options in place?
Any DBUS-commands available to control modest?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to solico For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Austria
The fact that there is no answer available for this question shows that the N810 is already "dead" - bad luck for everybody who bought one.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by petersteier View Post
The fact that there is no answer available for this question shows that the N810 is already "dead" - bad luck for everybody who bought one.
As long as nobody files feature requests in bugs.maemo.org there's no definite answer...
I disagree with the conclusion drawn here. So if *one* posting in a huge forum remains unanswered means that a product is dead?
Strange logic.

Tags
modest dbus commandline