So I have those pants in which Jolla refuses to stay locked, standard black bigstar jeans. They're most likely chinese and I think they might've been covered in radioactive paint. Simple test: place phone with proximity sensor covered against shirt, no ammount of double tapping wakes it up, against jeans - unlocked every time. If it's not radiation, then what could possibly be tipping of proximity sensor?

Edit: hmmm, apparently need more reading on proximity sensors, it's supposed to emit signal and await its return, would that mean my jeans are so well absorbing that it thinks the signal never bounced? goodbye geiger counter I guess ):

Last edited by szopin; 2014-07-07 at 18:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
So I have those pants in which Jolla refuses to stay locked, standard black bigstar jeans. They're most likely chinese and I think they might've been covered in radioactive paint. Simple test: place phone with proximity sensor covered against shirt, no ammount of double tapping wakes it up, against jeans - unlocked every time. If it's not radiation, then what could possibly be tipping of proximity sensor?

Edit: hmmm, apparently need more reading on proximity sensors, it's supposed to emit signal and await its return, would that mean my jeans are so well absorbing that it thinks the signal never bounced? goodbye geiger counter I guess ):
Well, the proximity sensor in Jolla is TSL2772 which is basically an infrared emitter/receiver pair. So it in fact does "emit a signal and wait for return", the said signal being infrared light and "return" being reflected from a nearby object.

As for why your jeans nearby disable the functioning of it, I have no idea... If you really had so much radioactivity in your pants that it could ionize some part of the proximity sensing device, I believe there'd be enough of the stuff to keep you comfortably warm even in the finnish winter, and you'd also be seen pretty well in the traffic by the glow of your pants!!

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Yeah, sorry, my bad, thought it is looking for incoming light, but that would make it impossible to unlock phone in the dark, bic

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: