Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
hello

no i am getting libzbar missing in the package update fail

Missing libzbar or libzbar0? libzbar0 is in the repo, libzbar should not be a dep.

Also, are you installing on Diablo or Fremantle?

Certainly when I just performed an update on my N900, other than the problem with libzbar0 not wanting to overwrite a file provided by zbar, it all worked fine.

Please let me know and I'll sort it out tomorrow

i deleted zbar like it said in previous post
well i tried it again it went thru with the update but it does not scan anymore

Last edited by amorek13; 2009-11-30 at 02:18.

Could you be a bit more descriptive?

What happens, does the application crash, or does the camera part not work, or does it just not recognise a particular barcode? Have you tried others?

I just performed a test on a 1D barcode and a QR code and it decoded both.

If it's a particular barcode, could you tell me what it is/give the url to a picture of it please so I can work out why the decoder is not working?

I should really add a "Report this barcode" button so people can send me examples that don't scan, I'll add it to my list.

Cheers,

Simon

i am sorry simon, i must of have a blond moment yeasterday, it scans fine today, but it does not try to look it up any more and portrait mode does not work any more

Yeah I see what you mean, looks like I broke portrait mode changes with whatever I did yesterday, I'll have a look at that.

Regarding the not scanning... well it still tries to scan, but just doesn't bother to tell you (as it more often than not fails) . If it does find something it will update the screen, etc.

Found and fixed the issue stopping rotation (using the raw dbus method rather than the osso_rpc method to obtain a pointer to the system dbus bus - don't ask my why that broke it, but if did), so rotation now works.

Also added Conflicts and Replaces lines to the control file for libzbar, so that should now force the uninstallation of any left over "zbar" installations.

I've just pushed both to the autobuilder, and assuming I remember I'll promote them to extras-testing tomorrow so more people can test.

I've also started work on another branch containing a "lite" version of the main mbarcode code. Atm it contains, though not enabled, a partially working db system for storing lists of CDs, books, DVDs, etc.

I'm going to push this db system out to a plugin, and allow users to choose what they want running, and hopefully other people might add their own plugins to do stuff with barcode data.

More to come anyway

great keep up the good job

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Found and fixed the issue stopping rotation (using the raw dbus method rather than the osso_rpc method to obtain a pointer to the system dbus bus - don't ask my why that broke it, but if did), so rotation now works.

Also added Conflicts and Replaces lines to the control file for libzbar, so that should now force the uninstallation of any left over "zbar" installations.

I've just pushed both to the autobuilder, and assuming I remember I'll promote them to extras-testing tomorrow so more people can test.

I've also started work on another branch containing a "lite" version of the main mbarcode code. Atm it contains, though not enabled, a partially working db system for storing lists of CDs, books, DVDs, etc.

I'm going to push this db system out to a plugin, and allow users to choose what they want running, and hopefully other people might add their own plugins to do stuff with barcode data.

More to come anyway
Is this only for the Fremantle version right now? You had made a comment about checking the Diablo version a while back.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

The Diablo version isn't affected by screen rotation so it should be fine, the only thing I do need to do is push the Diablo version of libzbar so that it also includes the Conflicts and Replaces lines in the control file.

Was quite late last night so didn't get round to it, but will do that now

If you're talking about the -lite version, that will be for both Fremantle and Diablo, don't worry!

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:

Tags
barcode, camera, mbarcode