Notices

can you make a dictionary reader that can read the oxford advanced learner dictionary cdrom words data? For n900 or n9.

ummm...
ade, seberm, miroslav_s have you already install some not-maemo repos Enlightenment library like Enna, Canola, .. or did you install them for the first time?
eStarDict uses these Enlightenment library
eina eet evas ecore embryo edje elementary
and these should be the latest ones present on the extras-devel repository.

Originally Posted by miroslav_s View Post
Hi,
I got conflict problem: libeina0
It should not be libeina0, but libeina1
You have to uninstall libeina0.

The Following User Says Thank You to zeusone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by zeusone View Post
ummm...
ade, seberm, miroslav_s have you already install some not-maemo repos Enlightenment library like Enna, Canola, .. or did you install them for the first time?
eStarDict uses these Enlightenment library
eina eet evas ecore embryo edje elementary
and these should be the latest ones present on the extras-devel repository.
I don't think I ever installed them.
Will have a look at it later. Could you make those libraries as a dependency in the deb file?

Are already defined as a dependencies, because my package depends on elementary and elementary depends on the others.
If you install the package from scratch and you get the problem, maybe I made some dependency errors during the Enlightenment libraries porting to Maemo.

Last edited by zeusone; 2011-12-29 at 11:52.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Awesome. I love cloudless apps!
This. Offline is mandatory while being abroad; which is when the main use case for dictionaries kicks in.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
I found out the problem: missing library in my dependency list (the rendering engine for X)
I had uploaded a new version that it solves the problem

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zeusone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Looks nice. Here are few comments:
  • Can not browse to directory starting from period (.stardict). Tried Cntrl + H, doesn't seems to work.
  • Selecting the directory containing directories of dictionaries won't work, instead separate dictionary directories is to be added.
  • Selecting the directory containing directories of dictionaries won't work, instead separate dictionary directories is to be added.
    UI looks nice and fast but option to set font size would be great.

Last edited by Joseph9560; 2012-01-12 at 00:59.

Can not browse to directory starting from period (.stardict). Tried Ctrl + H, doesn't seems to work.
The folders that start with . are hidden folders, why you have to put your dictionaries there?

Selecting the directory containing directories of dictionaries won't work, instead separate dictionary directories is to be added.
Yes, for now it works only for single dictionary, it doesn't see nested structure. I put it in my todo list.

UI looks nice and fast but option to set font size would be great.
Thanks! The first goal of the program is be fast .
I put in my todo list also the font size option: it should not be complicated to implement.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by zeusone View Post
The folders that start with . are hidden folders, why you have to put your dictionaries there?
One of the dictionary I had once was full of images (although no maemo dict app was able to show those images) and it will definitely mess up photos. I prefer using hidden directories for reasons like that. I am aware that tracker-cfg or something like that can be used to blacklist selected directory but I find the hidden directory method easier.