Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Is there a possibility for something similar for other flash sites? Youtube works pretty good imo, but some other sites suffer badly in the browser.

Either way good work, most definately a useful app.
I am working on BBC Iplayer now. This is a site that doesn't work well with the browser currently.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
I put zoutube 0.1-18 in extras-testing, please test and vote for it at:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...outube/0.1-18/

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
A very useful app. Is there any way to get rid of the slider at the bottom in full screen mode. Am using 0.1-18.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
could there be a way to suggest video services to you, zaheerm, and have them added as plugins, if you will? I'd love this to become like Open Video Hub for S60.

Originally Posted by shadow View Post
A very useful app. Is there any way to get rid of the slider at the bottom in full screen mode. Am using 0.1-18.
Currently not.

I am working on a new UI for the video window which will have the slider and play/pause not appear in full screen mode and only come up when requested and over the video.

The Following User Says Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
could there be a way to suggest video services to you, zaheerm, and have them added as plugins, if you will? I'd love this to become like Open Video Hub for S60.
Sounds like a good idea, I need to abstract the UI from the service which I have started to do with the iplayer work I have started. So yes, please suggest, though my initial focus will be on youtube and iplayer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Thanks to everyone who tested, zoutube is now in Extras and so no need to enable potentially unstable repositories like extras-testing and definitely unstable ones like extras-devel.

Next features are BBC iplayer support and improved video playing UI.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Fantastic :-)

When I finally get an N900 out of Nokia this is going to be about the first thing I install.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Zoutube stops while playing vids- anyone else having this issue? I have yet to have one play beyond 40 seconds and it not stop. I have a full wifi connection and the same videos play fine via wifi on the Archos 5, G1 and Droid. Plays them flawlessly with wifi in fullscreen HQ mode, but zoutube on the N900 does not seem to want to stay connected. Not sure if this is a N900 connection issue or the app.

Wifi does seem to be "iffy" on the the N900 since I have had more time with the device. I tried different vids out, but only briefly to see what would work until today. Does not seem to keep a reliable connection, though it does show full bars. Again, the Archos 5, G1 and Droid are fine and stream video fine.

Getting frustrating, since without reliable wifi, kind of no point for me keeping the N900. Ironic, considering my review, which spoke well of the device.

I appreciate the app though. I wonder if my N900 is the issue.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-11-28 at 01:04.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Wifi does seem to be "iffy" on the the N900...Does not seem to keep a reliable connection...without reliable wifi, kind of no point for me keeping the N900...I wonder if my N900 is the issue.
Off-topic here I know but..have you tried changing the power-saving in wifi settings? Check out this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...+wifi+settings
Registered Linux user #266531.

Tags
youtube