Actually, I just compared Drive on the N9 and the Lumia. Drive 2.0 on the Lumia still doesn't support any kind of favorite locations, let alone syncing with your Nokia account across Maps.

On MeeGo, Maps & Drive support favorite syncing, on WP, you have have now favorites in Maps, but not in Drive, and still you can't sync your favorites in Maps.

Also in WP, when you want to navigate to a contact's address, you have to enter it manually, there is no way to automatically open Drive from the People Hub's contact information. When you click there on a contact's address, Bing Maps is used.

On MeeGo, Nokia Maps is opened for his address and then when you choose to navigate to this address by car, it automatically opens Drive with a calculated route. This is still not possible in Windows Phone!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Actually, I just compared Drive on the N9 and the Lumia. Drive 2.0 on the Lumia still doesn't support any kind of favorite locations, let alone syncing with your Nokia account across Maps.

On MeeGo, Maps & Drive support favorite syncing, on WP, you have have now favorites in Maps, but not in Drive, and still you can't sync your favorites in Maps.

Also in WP, when you want to navigate to a contact's address, you have to enter it manually, there is no way to automatically open Drive from the People Hub's contact information. When you click there on a contact's address, Bing Maps is used.

On MeeGo, Nokia Maps is opened for his address and then when you choose to navigate to this address by car, it automatically opens Drive with a calculated route. This is still not possible in Windows Phone!
This is L800 with the very latest PR applied? (cant recall what it's called OTTOMH, think it might b called PR1.2 too)

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
This is L800 with the very latest PR applied? (cant recall what it's called OTTOMH, think it might b called PR1.2 too)
Not the very latest PR... PR1.2 is essentially just another name Nokia is using now in India for Firmware 12070.

In these firmware updates, no apps are included, but third party apps (what the Nokia apps for WP essentially still are) are only updated over Marketplace.

Functions within the OS are not applied with the Firmware updates, but in OS updates (current build number 8107).

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Damn. If only we had a bugtracker....
The lack of ETA is already in the bug tracker. It was unfortunately merged in with a few other Drive feature requests and got marked as FIXED in PR1.2 but it was then pointed out that ETA wasn't included.

I think they're already aware of it. It's such a simple feature too. Why it got missed out is beyond me.

http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1011

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
Can favourites places being imported from someone else? Maybe some patient and laborious TMO member has all speed cameras added as favourites places and can be use to at least being seen while driving. Unfortunately, they would not offer the useful audio warning though, but better that than not knowing where they are.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
The lack of ETA is already in the bug tracker ... Why it got missed out is beyond me.
Perhaps it'll be fixed in PR1.3, although I'm not holding my breath

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Perhaps it'll be fixed in PR1.3, although I'm not holding my breath
Yeah, that is why it is maybe the time to encourage members to see if there is a chance to do some modding/hacking to the application. As PR1.3 might never come, or even if it does, it will not bring new features. I know is closed source but maybe there are some openness in certain parts of the UI where it can be edited or replaced with Symbian more updated versions? This was certainly possible with the Sygic mobile Maps 9/10 UI and new POIs from external sources could also be added. I am possibly writing BS here given my poor knowledge but if there is enough interest and the skills maybe something can be look into?

Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Not the very latest PR... PR1.2 is essentially just another name Nokia is using now in India for Firmware 12070.

In these firmware updates, no apps are included, but third party apps (what the Nokia apps for WP essentially still are) are only updated over Marketplace.

Functions within the OS are not applied with the Firmware updates, but in OS updates (current build number 8107).

So you're saying that it's irrelevant what build of WP it's up to...
More important is that the app (in this instance Nokia Drive) is the latest version from the Marketplace?

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
The lack of ETA is already in the bug tracker. It was unfortunately merged in with a few other Drive feature requests and got marked as FIXED in PR1.2 but it was then pointed out that ETA wasn't included.

I think they're already aware of it. It's such a simple feature too. Why it got missed out is beyond me.

http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1011
Voted & subscribed.......
Should add that one to your sig so folks know there's still one open that they can vote on & subscribe to.
Going on past track record though, they may try to say it's fixed yet again, or just set it as a WONTFIX.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
So you're saying that it's irrelevant what build of WP it's up to...
More important is that the app (in this instance Nokia Drive) is the latest version from the Marketplace?
No, not exactly. If Nokia wanted to integrate automatic opening of Nokia Drive from an address in the contacts application (People Hub), the OS has to be changed. These updates come from Microsoft and are different from the Firmware updates from Nokia for the Lumia.

With the Firmware updates from the phone vendor (which control only pretty low-level functions, as hardware control and so on) no direct features can be added to Windows Phone. The feature updates come from Microsoft. At least that's the way I understand it...