Active Topics

Notices

Are you using VLC 1.1? If so, have you read the previous couple of pages in this thread?

In essence - si no working!

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
Wildt no I think it is 0.8.6 (the latest version when I install with apt-get

I quote myself in last post.
VLC media player 0.8.6h Janus
[00000287] skins2 interface error: Cannot open display
[00000287] skins2 interface error: cannot initialize OSFactory
interface for remote control initiated. Type "help" for help.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
same here, vlc just won't get detected anymore (even if it actually starts a vlc process). My vlc is 1.0.6. and I know that the option for vlc 1.1 is set to no.
I have reinstalled knots from ground (even removed data base entries).
It just seems to be broken now. Probably I need an older version of knots.
And ukki may have abandoned the ship (also, he said he would).

Sigh!

Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
same here, vlc just won't get detected anymore (even if it actually starts a vlc process). My vlc is 1.0.6. and I know that the option for vlc 1.1 is set to no.
I have reinstalled knots from ground (even removed data base entries).
It just seems to be broken now. Probably I need an older version of knots.
And ukki may have abandoned the ship (also, he said he would).

Sigh!
I'm using the latest client and server along with vlc 1.05 on windows 7 - and it works "fine".

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Argh, this is really too bad. I don't know when or where it started to not work, or whether it was a Knots update or VLC update. I've tried reverting all the way back to VLC 1.0.1 (and turned off "Using VLC 1.1 or newer") with no luck. I now get this message on the webinterface: "Stream failed to start. This usually means the item doesn't exist. VLC can't find it or VLC crashed."

Please come back Ukki!

Originally Posted by wildt View Post
I'm using the latest client and server along with vlc 1.05 on windows 7 - and it works "fine".
Yeah, something is fishy here. My server is a linux one (Ubuntu) and I've had it working quite well from the start until a couple of weeks ago or so. I can't really see that I've made any vlc upgrades or anything related that I know of.
What I can see is that it actually does start a vlc process
ps -e | grep vlc
...actually finds one process that wasn't there before knots is started. But every time I start I get that repeated "Waiting for VLC to start..." message until it finally fails and just sits there (web interface is still active though). This just tells me that Knots has some problem with the telnet connection to vlc. Any ideas?
Btw, anyone know how to downgrade knots using git? I know, I should google that, but it might be quicker asking in here.

Oh *crap*. It finally did start.
I think I am to blame here. I have hade problems with my dlink dir-635 router for a couple of weeks since I did a firmware upgrade. I got strange dhcp problems and very strange network hickups. So day before yesterday I downgraded and network is healthy again....and now Knots started.
YES!

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I really, really like Knots.
Sometimes just to leave my laptop in the bedroom and take my N810 to the chair and watch/listen to something streaming from the laptop.

It's a 'small' thing but it one of those that 'justifies' my continued use of the N810.

One question though: Sometimes when launching the Knots2 server on my laptop the broswer simply can't 'find' or log on to the local server. I try 10+ times and nothing... then the next day it works fine.

Anything in particular I should try or check the next time that happens?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Firewall would be my only guess, Silver.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Firewall would be my only guess, Silver.
Well, it's with the same router.
Weird indeed.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Tags
knots, music, streaming, video