Closed Thread
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
work on n800 ?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by rlinfati View Post
work on n800 ?
Didn't test on N800. Try it?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Originally Posted by andoreasu View Post
I am planning to get a build environment myself, I guess I just need a "meego sdk" and your .ks file that will access your repositories, right?

I am convinced that I can figure it out all by myself, but if you have a link to a howto, or something like that it could save me some time (especially since I only own low power fanless machines - building crap would be a loss of much time)
You need to get mic2 / meego image creator installed - I use a Fedora chroot/VM myself for the purpose. #meego-arm can help you out at least with image building
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Concepcion, Chile
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Didn't test on N800. Try it?
Hi, the n800 boot on meego using the internal slot.

the touchscreen do not work...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rlinfati For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rlinfati View Post
Hi, the n800 boot on meego using the internal slot.

the touchscreen do not work...
Oh, cool - we need to add the right touchscreen driver to kernel config then (they differ on N800 and N810)

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
I can be a tester, if I have the instructions on how to download and install.
Thanks

This thread is continuing at http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=2109

In order to avoid confusion, we're moving non-Harmattan related stuff to there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
I really want to try this too, but i'm not good at all with linux..
just "basic" things!

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Just that it doesn't pick up the keyboard. In /dev/input it's there just fine. In X, not sure why it isn't. Need to debug.
I should have asked - why udev instead of HAL? Will replacing HAL with udev present further problems since other software components for N8x0 depend on it?

Last edited by SD69; 2010-05-29 at 16:39.

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I should have asked - why udev instead of HAL? Will replacing HAL with udev present further problems since other software components for N8x0 depend on it?
Really wish moderators would close this thread, please read above post from me

There's no HAL in MeeGo or for that sake, Ubuntu 10.04. There will possibly be a need to code a BME plugin for DeviceKit-power or what it is called, but similar work will be needed in N900 port.

Closed Thread

Tags
hardware adaptation, meego