Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Sorry if this have been asked already but the solution is unclear.

I am looking for a solution for syncing my calendar to either Google or somewhere else. I've set up CalDAV on phone to sync with my Google account and that is okay. The issue is my main phone calendar - called N9, how do I sync that with Google? It's easy to sync the other way around. Happy for out of box or built from source solutions...

I've got an issue with my messages and it's stopping the backup program running correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks all

The Following User Says Thank You to skyjumper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
The simple answer is that you don't. Use the CalDAV calendar instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
The simple answer is that you don't. Use the CalDAV calendar instead.
Does that mean that there is no way to transfer my calendar entries between the two calendars?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyjumper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hmm, I use Mail for Exchange to sync both ways and it works nicely. But was there some crap about that option been forbidden from new users by Google?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
Does that mean that there is no way to transfer my calendar entries between the two calendars?
You can change the calendar that the calendar entry belongs to, see the Calendar field of the entry (first press arrow down).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BentL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BentL View Post
You can change the calendar that the calendar entry belongs to, see the Calendar field of the entry (first press arrow down).
Good point, but that's about 10 years worth of manually changing entries..... sheesh !

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
ownCloud calendar works for me, syncing both ways. It is now connecting 3 different clients - N9, Thunderbird calendar (PC), ownCloud (server). Exporting entries from google to CalDAV is automated and can be done via desktop clients.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prosper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by prosper View Post
ownCloud calendar works for me, syncing both ways. It is now connecting 3 different clients - N9, Thunderbird calendar (PC), ownCloud (server). Exporting entries from google to CalDAV is automated and can be done via desktop clients.
I'll try Owncloud Calendar. I already had it installed for cloud storage testing. I'll let you know how I go syncing my N9 calendar *to* it.

Thanks

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
I think you'll still have to transfer entries from the built in local calendar to the CalDAV calendar.

You need something that exports the N9 calendar into a .ICS file and then import that on a PC/Mac into the right CalDAV backed service. I don't have an N9 anymore but doesn't it have the ability to export a calendar?

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I don't have an N9 anymore but doesn't it have the ability to export a calendar?
Now that would be nice, I'm not sure if it does though. Anyone?

The Following User Says Thank You to skyjumper For This Useful Post:

Tags
caldav, calendar, syncing