Poll: Would you buy an N10 with the above spec?
Poll Options
Would you buy an N10 with the above spec?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Yogyakarta
you're no hope

Numbers speak better than words though.
People who use WP like WP, but it still ain't selling much regardless

I dare say WP7 is probably one of the best products Microsoft has ever made to the point where I actually think that it should've have been Microsoft didn't make it. It's quite functional but haters gonna hate regardless as it is Microsoft, and we love to hate Microsoft

Bottom line is, as a consumer spend your money wisely, we have options now yay. As for the poll I'll gladly by an n9 successor as 'ecosystems' don't really matter much to me and I think hardware is the keep back on the n9. That and the fact that Nokia made it so expensive and difficult to acquire.
Funnily some of the most talented developers seem to favor these kinds of platforms lol

Needs at least:

-4.5inches
-qHD resolution
-No PenTile matrix
-Back, Home, Menu buttons (sorry theyre useful)

-microSD slot
-microHDMI (but MHL is acceptable not desired)

I'm flattered

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Why do old TMO users keep coming back with new usernames?

specc == ericsson

Lumiaman == BigBadGuber
Nah I've read heaps of their posts now & the content of their posts seem quite different.
Ericsson would talk about Samsung and Bada every 2nd sentence.
And BBG!'s regular mantra was: "just get an iPhone, it works!"
(Yeesh, swore I'd stop reading this thread & most others at TMO, still, I gave myself 1wk)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Danramos, it doesn't matter. WP/Nokia already have the killer aps and so on. The ecosystem is operational, and people like it. It can only grow from here. [...]
just because Flop invented the notion, or made it such a BIG thing doesn't mean anything.
you can get all the apps you need, no matter what platform you use. you can get it in about 10'000 variations on ANDroid & iPotatos, but quantity... isn't Quality.
in that regard, Maemo's or even MeeGo's apps are WAY better then anything m$ may come up.
and you don't have to hack it 1st to try it out (and realize it doesn't work 10 cases out of 9) but can send the author some money after you learned to use the app & feel s/he earns it.

either way, in a few months, year or two some other dandy term will replace it and still... nobody will buy m$, no matter how nicely it is packaged.

most PC users are too lazy to really bother quick out LostDOS (they paid for) & replace it completely with GNU/Linux
on the phone market... too late Bllamer
there are plenty of alternatives and hardly anyone wants to end up f#ed up like they are on their PCs.

think about it... they sort of got NT 6.1 right (after over 15 years of trying...) and now comes... Metro
v!$t0 all over again
¦-)))))))))))))))))))))))

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
I would buy an n950.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Wait... so Microsoft is able to "strangely" evolve over time and eventually succeeds... but Google is the one that has only some success? Soooo... explain Microsoft Zune? Oh hell.. nevermind that, just explain the last 10 years of Microsoft Mobile's failure (from Windows CE all the way to Windows Phone 7), and the lack of that 'evolution' you mentioned, until someone ELSE innovates first? Hell, they couldn't even unseat Palm as the smartphone leader for all the resources they threw into trying. It took Apple, Google and RIM to do that--Microsoft was barely registering on the radar. I can't see Nokia turning that into an improvement for either of them and I certainly cannot see Microsoft nor Nokia unseating Apple anymore. We'll be lucky if Nokia is still around as a device manufacturer in five years at this rate. They might just have to go back to making boots and sportswear.

Microsoft may be selling more now than ever before--but everyone ELSE is selling MAGNITUDES more and some of them weren't even in the game for as long as Microsoft has been.
Ramos you talking about the past now.
since then MS has hired all the Palm and Google and RIM guys they've let go.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
one thing about apps, though

when a transit authority, city hall or some other (public) service company releases an app for mobiles, they usually come for
  • iOS
  • ANDroid
  • (MAYBE) RIM and / or Symbian

haven't seen (since a year) any m$ apps surfacing
simply no critical mass
thus, as i said, year or 2 and another dandy term will surface and Flop will go down in history as... Flop

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
i would also buy an N950. somebody have one for me?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Android and IOS have been around for years. You should at least wait and see what's going on with Windows 9. OSes needs time. If wp reach around 5% marketshare in the end of the year its huge.

I would buy N10 if nokia ever release one when the Windows madness is over.

Tags
buysomethinelse, free oss, goodbyenokia, idiot thread, idiotibrakalifa, schizophrenia, tizen doa, tizen lives, tizen schmizen, troll fest!