Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
gianco really needs to capture frames faster than the ~1/30th second rate in standard video to achieve the desired slo-mo effect he referred to in the video, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Thanks so much for all your hard work and still supporting fremantle after all this time freemangordon Simply amazing.

Recently I've reflashed my N900, and I'm now using it as my main phone again... What a blast, this device is still fantastic! I've installed CSSU(-testing) with powerkernel 53, and I seem to have some issues when attempting to follow the instructions you gave in the first post. When I attempt to dpkg -i the 3 debs, I get the following output:

Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads # dpkg -i omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_
0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_
armel.deb omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 29656 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti (from omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb) ...
--17:16:42--  https://qa9recEP:*password*@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/rm680/omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb
           => `/opt/omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb'
Resolving downloads.maemo.nokia.com... failed: Name or service not known.
dpkg: error processing omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb (--install):
 subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
Unpacking omap3-dsp-libraries-ti (from omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb) ...
--17:16:42--  https://qa9recEP:*password*@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/rm680/omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb
           => `/opt/omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb'
dpkg: error processing omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb (--install):
Unpacking omap3-dsp-hd-codecs (from omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb) ...
--17:16:42--  https://qa9recEP:*password*@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/rm680/omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb
           => `/opt/omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb'
dpkg: error processing omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb (--install):
Errors were encountered while processing:
 omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb
 omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb
 omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb
The Nokia repositories are down. I knew this already and I've disabled them in HAM and Fapman. Since I don't expect the repositories to be up ever again, I have no clue on how to circumvent/solve the above issue... Does anybody have any ideas?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Thanks so much for all your hard work and still supporting fremantle after all this time freemangordon Simply amazing.

Recently I've reflashed my N900, and I'm now using it as my main phone again... What a blast, this device is still fantastic! I've installed CSSU(-testing) with powerkernel 53, and I seem to have some issues when attempting to follow the instructions you gave in the first post. When I attempt to dpkg -i the 3 debs, I get the following output:

Code:
/home/user/MyDocs/Downloads # dpkg -i omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_
0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_
armel.deb omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 29656 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti (from omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb) ...
--17:16:42--  https://qa9recEP:*password*@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/rm680/omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb
           => `/opt/omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb'
dpkg: error processing omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb (--install):
Unpacking omap3-dsp-libraries-ti (from omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb) ...
--17:16:42--  https://qa9recEP:*password*@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/rm680/omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb
           => `/opt/omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb'
dpkg: error processing omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb (--install):
Unpacking omap3-dsp-hd-codecs (from omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb) ...
--17:16:42--  https://qa9recEP:*password*@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/rm680/omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb
           => `/opt/omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb'
dpkg: error processing omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb (--install):
Errors were encountered while processing:
The Nokia repositories are down. I knew this already and I've disabled them in HAM and Fapman. Since I don't expect the repositories to be up ever again, I have no clue on how to circumvent/solve the above issue... Does anybody have any ideas?
oops i was to reflash one of mine i gess i rather wait as only cause for reflash is as the app menu has become a chrismas tree but still it scrolls like butter its just i cant find needed apps in the huge list easily
also i wonder why do people install testing on primary devices as stable is really stable

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
gianco really needs to capture frames faster than the ~1/30th second rate in standard video to achieve the desired slo-mo effect he referred to in the video, right?
yes, i'm wondering if the problem is hardware limitation or not.

Maybe N900's camera was only built for up to 30fps

but i read about smartphones recording at higer framerates even if the max video size had to be dropped to 640x480 or similar to keep the framerate more locked in.

For example:
Samsung OmniaHD with 8Mpix camera, and 320x240 resolution is able to capture 120fps.
With a windows mobile 6.1 device such samsung omnia i900, that has a 625mhz CPU and a 5MP camera you can record 120fps in 320x240, the camera of this phone has ISO 800 (it doesn't mean 800fps, but means that it can get a very tiny little power signal from sensor in a very short amount of time)
The sensor should be capable of 120fps at 1/8 sub sampling. I am not entirely sure what they mean by 1/8 sub sampling, but I would assume that it means using 1/8 of the effective pixel count or about 1M pixels. If all that is true, then the hardware should be capable of 640x480 at 120fps. Some assumptions there, though.
maybe the key is in the drivers? so we have to try with FCamera ?

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
oops i was to reflash one of mine i gess i rather wait as only cause for reflash is as the app menu has become a chrismas tree but still it scrolls like butter its just i cant find needed apps in the huge list easily
Yeah if it still works fine you're probably better off keeping it like that You can remove apps from your app menu easily by the way, all the shortcuts for the app menu are stored in the
Code:
/usr/share/applications/hildon/
directory as .desktop files. You can either remove the links you don't want to see, or rename them, or edit them (with leafpad or so), simply add the line:
Code:
hidden=true
(I would recommend the latter )

also i wonder why do people install testing on primary devices as stable is really stable
Well, because my experience has always been that the packages from the 'testing' repositories are still quite stable (if you're being selective and use your head when downloading packages), but you still have the advantages of having more packages/tools/stuff at your disposal!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Try to find the .debs in question over the internet and extract the files by hand.

On a side note - we should solve that repos issue somehow, maybe we should start pestering Microsoft, dunno.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
Hey Amigos

Take this momento for asking you, how many alternatives do you know for Videocall in addition to Skype on Maemo??

Nitdroid for sure let play with the apps than Line and many other for videocalls but lacks the access from the hardware cam.,,

Anybody knows for use front or rear camera in this caseż?

The Following User Says Thank You to xiskillo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by xiskillo View Post
Hey Amigos

Take this momento for asking you, how many alternatives do you know for Videocall in addition to Skype on Maemo??

Nitdroid for sure let play with the apps than Line and many other for videocalls but lacks the access from the hardware cam.,,

Anybody knows for use front or rear camera in this caseż?
SIP should be the viable alternative?

Question: why does TMO have Jabber-ICQ-Skype-and-such handles, but not SIP handles?

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Try to find the .debs in question over the internet and extract the files by hand.
Thanks for the tip. I've found the following debs in a harmattan repository and downloaded them:
Code:
omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-20+0m7_armel.deb
omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.9-6+0m7_armel.deb
omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-20+0m7_armel.deb
Problem is, they are different (newer) versions than the ones you use in your hack:
Code:
I've unpacked them and copied their contents to /etc/modprobe.d/ and /lib/dsp/ respectively (backing up my old files obv.), then copied libgstdsp.so and removed gstreamer0.10-openmax. Alas, it doesn't work, video's don't play back at all anymore on the device (including e.g. recorded vids or streamed vids like youtube/vimeo). Can't find the versions of the debs you used in your hack though, so I'm stuck.

On a side note - we should solve that repos issue somehow, maybe we should start pestering Microsoft, dunno.
nokiabot posted a live mirror of the Nokia Applications and Nokia System Software Updates repos (Ovi repository not included) for Fremantle (not Harmattan) here Just one OS and not the best long-term solution, but it's something...

Last edited by ThomasAH; 2015-04-17 at 16:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
What about a simple google search for 'omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.de'?
https://www.google.de/search?q=omap3...XGA9DXas6tgMgO

For N9/N950/N900 we already have coderus.openrepos.net/n9mirror!
But also here I only see the newer libraries???
So just follow the search and you may find. I have them also backupped on devoce but they are just too large to attach...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player