The OSiM Maemo Developer Session today has previewed interesting topics to be discussed in detail tomorrow at the Maemo Summit. Below are some updates and some of the new and updated technologies that we can expect in future Maemo devices...
Read the full article.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Great summary... You're too quick!

-T.

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Bluez - now with A2DP
I guess one or two members of this forum will be happy to read this.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
I've updated Wikipedia with the new info.

Calendar engine - iCal RFC 2445 implementation ????

What's that? what does that mean? PIM in maemo?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
New contributions to the open source community:
o stlc45xx.aka - the much awaited WLAN driver
More details here including link to project and source.

This is one of the best things that could happen to current tablets. It means they won't die painful death being stuck with ancient linux kernels and thus forced into quick obsolescence. Their death will be slower and happier :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
This is one of the best things that could happen to current tablets. It means they won't die painful death being stuck with ancient linux kernels and thus forced into quick obsolescence. Their death will be slower and happier :-)
Yeah, looked into it and it certainly helps things - the driver -does- need development though (it's not umac.ko source as you might have hoped) and there's still the closed source calibration ). It also doesn't compile with 2.6.21 directly - but will probably on later kernels.

In any case, it's a huge leap in the right direction. Now, where's my 770 implementation?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
it's not umac.ko source as you might have hoped
Actually since the Devicescape mac80211 stack was committed to mainline kernel I was hoping it will be used for this once/if it comes. Makes perfect sense for Nokia too to ditch proprietary stack just like they did with Opera and MicroB.

Sure it can't be compiled with 2.6.21, the wi-fi stack is not there yet :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
If I'm reading things correctly, the use of Pulse Audio should finally open the door for several sound editing/manipulation applications (and the OMAP3 means they should run effectively, not just run). Podcasting could be heading to a different level (not to mention broadcast ENG).

I'll have to read more in the coming days, but so far this looks like great news (subject to change - see store for details - your results may vary...)!

If I am reading this correctly, I did not, do not and will not understand a single word in the story or in this thread..

All I have is a finger that I like to poke things (and occasionally people) with.

The Following User Says Thank You to Viipottaja For This Useful Post: