Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Recife, Brazil
As I said in my previous post I don't have any further info/roadmap for snowshoe right now. Even Qt5 is still in Alpha release. Our focus has changed to webkit bugfixes/features. Regarding Jolla we have wait and see what shape it takes. We have few developers (some of them on vacation) and right now it's not possible to allocate resources outside webkit tasks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luciano Wolf For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Luciano Wolf View Post
As I said in my previous post I don't have any further info/roadmap for snowshoe right now.
Strange, your post didn't convey that for me at all, apologies.

Even Qt5 is still in Alpha release. Our focus has changed to webkit bugfixes/features.
Given Qt5 is aiming for a stable release around Sept/Oct (IIRC?)
Do you expect to have solid idea of release timetable for the browser proper (as opposed to just the core) AFTER that time?
Will you start a build mechanism similar to what Fennec employs then? i.e. nightly, aurora, beta, stable

Regarding Jolla we have wait and see what shape it takes. We have few developers (some of them on vacation) and right now it's not possible to allocate resources outside webkit tasks.
Cool, superficially it would seem to make sense to at least pool resources & collaborate in some capacity.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Recife, Brazil
I think after that time it's possible to have some real roadmap. The nightlybuild packages can be provided as the demand (like more and more code committed every day) rises. The build scheme is subject to discussions. The product itself isn't mature and we don't have enough developers to maintain multiple versions. I would guess that we can have just stable (starting at 1.0) and development (trunk/nightly).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luciano Wolf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Installing this caused my stock browser to also no longer respond to dragging, zooming, etc..

I think after that time it's possible to have some real roadmap. The nightlybuild packages can be provided as the demand (like more and more code committed every day) rises. The build scheme is subject to discussions. The product itself isn't mature and we don't have enough developers to maintain multiple versions. I would guess that we can have just stable (starting at 1.0) and development (trunk/nightly).
Thank-you Luciano,

Hopefully we'll have trunk/nightly builds & the 1st beta ready for testing by Oct/Nov, or if we lucky, late Sep!
If possible, please keep informed of progress approx. once /mth, time permitting of course.

All the best.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-11 at 19:44.

News about that?

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Thank-you Luciano,
Hopefully we'll have trunk/nightly builds & the 1st beta ready for testing by Oct/Nov, or if we lucky, late Sep!
If possible, please keep informed of progress approx. once /mth, time permitting of course.

All the best.
@Luciano

Possible to get a progress update on this now? TY.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Another browser with a ton of potential! There is no landscape mode as of yet, correct? I'm just glad the scrolling in the web page has been vastly improved since the first build I tried months ago. Great work!

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
@Luciano

Possible to get a progress update on this now? TY.
https://github.com/snowshoe/snowshoe/commits/master

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Yup aware of that & have been following, just be great to get a summary of sorts once in a while, esp. for the wider audience who aren't extremely technically literate, have PM'd him.