Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's time for me to say a fond farewell to my trusty N900. Over the weekend I have been made an offer on a Galaxy S2 I couldn't refuse, and as much as I love the N900 it's time for me to move to something a bit more mainstream.

I have been with the N900 since pretty much day one, and I think some of the features that have only recently came out on other platforms were pioneered on this handset. I remember using it with glee to open up my friend's PS3 back in the day, I remember online sync when others had kludge fixes, and the storage - nothing compared.

Tonight I have wiped the eMMC and reinstalled it so it has gone back to 'out of the box' settings ready for its next owner. I'll be putting it on ebay over the weekend and I hope the next owner takes good care of it, it's in great shape and with a screen protector from day one there is not a single scratch on the screen. I will admit when I was flashing it back to factory state I was a little bit sad.

Thanks to everyone on this forum too, there has been some amazing help here with some very fine people. I hope I will see some of you in other forums like the Cyanogenmod's forums over time, there are some truly worthy developers I hope keep up their work.

So long

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo...Truly sad.

Don't sell it!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I'd rather sell it and think it has a life after me than sat in my drawer along with an old BT pager and the original Nokia 101 brick analogue phone

Here's a great youtube video about the phone too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnNonmLhF-g

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UJzxPRSYmo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRil6iP4GXw

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-04-23 at 20:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I just oderd one.
Gud idea as one more n900 is available

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Sad story.
S2 must have been a gift (more or less), but did you ever consider N9?
At least, you'd stick to a really awesome community!
Anyway, good luck with Cyanogenmod.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Sad story.
S2 must have been a gift (more or less), but did you ever consider N9?
At least, you'd stick to a really awesome community!
Anyway, good luck with Cyanogenmod.
Got the S2 for £80 from a friend who was upgrading, really good deal so I couldn't say no to that when they can go for almost twice the price on ebay. I won't miss having to go into daemons and using the terminal for things that just need an app on the S2 though and CM have done a corking job with their mod so I like to think I'm still upholding the ethics of the N900 by going with a decent modding crew

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: