Notices

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Ha! Backupmenu does seem to use text2screen, and if that initrd-progs update altered something about it, we might have the culprit here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Do I understand you right? You fixed it? Can you tell it in a way, I am able to understand?

Sorry, I didn't fix it... but I have an idea.

I'm not using backupmenu, but if quit key working, then backupmenu should work, but output on screen is broken. I think that backupmenu using chroot. Check if every one binary is correcty copied into chroot with all needed libraries...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Hey, that might be a clue. I've also installed Easy Debian which also fiddled with chroot. I will have a look at it at home tonight.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Hey, that might be a clue. I've also installed Easy Debian which also fiddled with chroot. I will have a look at it at home tonight.
could be but...

why I flashed, installed backupmenu (it includes bootmenu), installed all my software, installed CSSU testing and...

done a backup and a restore so bootmenu and backup menu were working..

then I installed CSSU thumb and... bootmenu displays the light blu selected menu and, if I choose backupmenu it goes to red screen and chrootin...

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I'll check which version of initrd-progs is cssu-thumb depending on

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
freemangordon, there was an initrd-progs update outside cssu-thumb -- it was in cssu-devel! This one: http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm.../initrd-progs/

A Pali release, I think? I just randomly picked it up around the same time as I did the latest CSSU-thumb update.

I don't immediately think this red backupmenu thing is a CSSU-thumb problem - I think the individual initrd-progs update on cssu-devel might've done it. Could we ask Pali to let us know what sort of changes it contained?

Last edited by Raimu; 2013-04-24 at 13:29.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
freemangordon, there was an initrd-progs update outside cssu-thumb -- it was in cssu-devel! This one: http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm.../initrd-progs/

A Pali release, I think? I just randomly picked it up around the same time as I did the latest CSSU-thumb update.

I don't immediately think this red backupmenu thing is a CSSU-thumb problem - I think the individual initrd-progs update on cssu-devel might've done it. Could we ask Pali to let us know what sort of changes it contained?
It is either that package, or some other one pulled from CSSU-T, that is why I want to check -thumb mp thingie dependencies.

However, I don't see how cssu-thumb could affect BM.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
It is either that package, or some other one pulled from CSSU-T, that is why I want to check -thumb mp thingie dependencies.

However, I don't see how cssu-thumb could affect BM.
No time to think about this in-depth now

But (text2screen.c):
Code:
	/* TODO: there ain't OMAPFB_COLOR_RGB888 for 24-bit color */
	update.format = OMAPFB_COLOR_RGB565;
I'd bet a number of bucks that this is what causes the red "tint". Note that I haven't seen it myself (I don't have backupmenu), but the above certainly *must* cause some form of color distortion.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system