Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
... it may be possible (via some form of "dragging" or other gesture) to highlight an entry in the list without officially "selecting" it...
This is exactly the problem.

Dragging on the favourite page can cause Pierogi to "select" a different keyset but show the original keyset still selected.

100% reproducable.
Select the top favourite Keyset in Favourites tab.
Drag on the Favourites tab page.
Your top favourite is still highlighted.
Go to Main Tab.
The Keyset shown in Main tab is different from the highlighted keyset on the Favourite tab.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Dragging on the favourite page can cause Pierogi to "select" a different keyset but show the original keyset still selected.
Thank you!!! I will add some code in to catch the Qt Signals associated with dragging. (I've probably mentioned this before, but I'm not really a GUI expert... I'm slowly learning. )

Update: Turns out it wasn't a case of me missing some signals, but rather a case of me catching the wrong signal. Once I figured that out, the problem went away. Guess I'll push up another update fairly soon...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-02-22 at 00:54. Reason: Found the bug

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Some feedback for the Bose
all buttons from Main and Keypad working - perfect
Info from Utility also, but can not exit this OSD cause
Exit from Menu disabled, other buttons from Menu working (Menu?)
buttons from Media working (except pause)

Secondary buttons:
TV and Adjust not assigned
TunerBand from Media working
DVD and AUX from Input working, BUT here I am missing the opportunity fo switching to Tuner and also switch to TV. ( also on the Bose there is CBL-SAT input).
So only thing I really miss is TV input.

But please do not see as claim/request, just as feedback.
Thanks again.

P.S. did you see any other info for the Metz? I searched around, but was unsuccessful. Just found some universal remote suppliers:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=243

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Some feedback for the Bose
all buttons from Main and Keypad working - perfect
Info from Utility also, but can not exit this OSD cause
Exit from Menu disabled, other buttons from Menu working (Menu?)
buttons from Media working (except pause)

Secondary buttons:
TV and Adjust not assigned
TunerBand from Media working
DVD and AUX from Input working, BUT here I am missing the opportunity fo switching to Tuner and also switch to TV. ( also on the Bose there is CBL-SAT input).
So only thing I really miss is TV input.

But please do not see as claim/request, just as feedback.
Actually, this is the info of most use to me -- all I am working with are small lists of numbers, I don't have any means myself to know whether they match reality or not. For example, my list of codes doesn't even have an "Exit" button. The Pause control should be working, though, if my data isn't messed up. I'll take another look.

I have a couple of codes for a "Video1" and a "Video2" that I didn't map to anything because I wasn't sure of what they did; I'll figure out which one is TV and which one is cable/sat and give them the correct assignments.

I don't have specifc AM and FM buttons in Pierogi (at least not yet); I went ahead and assigned FM to the "Tuner Band" key, but that isn't exactly the right place for it.

P.S. did you see any other info for the Metz?
You know, the odd thing is that I'm finding information on the protocol Metz uses to pass IR data, but I'm not finding any codes at all. Usually it's the opposite...

The odds are that the people who are offering pre-programmed remotes are getting their codes the direct way -- grab a Metz remote, point it at an IR receiver hooked up to a computer, and record the pulses for each button as you hit it. There's really no way for manufacturers to keep their codes a secret...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I tried the sony keyset 1 on a sony google tv and works too.

Tried quickly and just power on/off, input and volume up/down.

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
make the power button red!

Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
make the power button red!
I'm kind of a fan of the subdued monochromatic layout myself, but yeah, customized front-ends to the Pierogi data are definitely on the to-do list. Might not be me doing them, though -- I'm not much of a UI guy. I'm planning on cleaning up the back-end and making it available to others for their own coding fun...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
Finally something to use my ir port with. I tried it on my rca tv using rca tv keyset 1, works prefectly but my only problem was the range of about 3 feet. Would like to request gdi gd-2000 or gdi gdrc-400

Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
I tried it on my rca tv using rca tv keyset 1, works prefectly but my only problem was the range of about 3 feet. Would like to request gdi gd-2000 or gdi gdrc-400
Yes, several people have commented about range problems; certainly, 3 feet is too short. I'll take a look at RCA again (although I must admit my RCA data is a mess right now, might take a while).

For the GDIs, I've just added several Motorola keysets (which also go under the brand name General Instruments; I should probably note that somewhere); with luck, one of the STB keysets (1, 1a, or 1b) will work for you...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2012-02-22 at 06:56.

Added to Device Compatability List
--------------------------------------------

Phillips TV 29" + Sony Dvd Player + Sony 21" CRT with their model numbers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control