Active Topics

Well, any thoughts on the upcoming X3 from SE?

Actually I glanced at the "preview", and even though I would rather have Maemo than Android 2.0, I was really surprised by the supposed looks and specs…
And also, the Google navigation/search is very appealing.

Still, I’m not cancelling my N900 pre-order…at least for now… (But I am a tired of waiting)...

Same here. Waiting till 3rd November before I cancel my N900 pre-order.

Meh. Yet another one. Let's start taking it apart:
First, i can't seem to find any size specs. I have a feeling they were conveniently left out. That because 4" screen + some more hardware buttons = BIG. And still people are complaining the n900 should be smaller (finger-nail size maybe?)
No hardware keyboard.
I would smash it into the ground if i were forced to use the photo-style phone-book depicted here.
Camera sounds amazing at 8 MP, but seasoned users know cameras with huge MP counts can still suck. Have to hand it to it tho', stabilization sounds nice.
I now smile whenever i see a "supported music format" list. When i get my hands on an N900 with mplayer or some other ridiculously powerful player, it will become an evil smile.
A-GPS sounds ambiguous, does it also have normal gps?
Apart from the software (is it just me, or is that interface amazingly annoying?), seems like what pretty much everyone is churning out these days. And let the debates rage on again!

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by vgasmo View Post
Well, any thoughts on the upcoming X3 from SE?

Actually I glanced at the "preview", and even though I would rather have Maemo than Android 2.0, I was really surprised by the supposed looks and specs…
And also, the Google navigation/search is very appealing.

Still, I’m not cancelling my N900 pre-order…at least for now… (But I am a tired of waiting)...
Given the other devices aren't out yet and could be delayed why do people keep talking about canceling there order. Either you want the N900 or something else.

No other device suits my needs so if it comes out in January I would still be getting a N900.

Im considering the x3/10 as well

Memory Stick is the deal breaker, unless they have switched to micro SD

Mike C

Once again (like the remaining Android devices), does it have stereo speakers? Actually that's quite a nice feature to have.

Does Android 2.0 even support stereo speakers? The previous versions of the OS had huge limitations, but the most have been solved by the 1.6 release, and apparently some limitations remain. Just wondering if the lack of stereo speakers is one of them.

Maemo 5 isn't anywhere near perfection either, but I find it far more complete than Android 2.0. The lack of MMS isn't really a deal-breaker, if you get what I'm saying.

Ahhgh Just noticed there is no physical keyboard on the lovely Rachel

Mike C

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
No physical keyboard will leave you typing with splodgy fingers on a capacitive screen. No thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
No physical keyboard will leave you typing with splodgy fingers on a capacitive screen. No thanks.
Same here. No physical keyboard == no sale.

Tags
sony, xperia