Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...and a very good one. Lubeman should be proud of you, in the way that a guy from NA can actually assess things "right".

About windows CE....that most likely will change soon with WP8
http://www.osnews.com/story/25574/Mi..._Use_NT_Kernel

Not that it matters to end users really

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
It's just a kernel. Won't make such a difference. Look at webOS, it will use a standard Linux kernel when they move to "open" instead of their current one that's patched, but the environment / software stack around that is crap. Same with WP.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
OMG You need to shut up!
Elop is the one most destructive force. There is no pre Elop team setting up anything negative that will endanger their jobs other than some bloat that could have been dealt with much better than sending in a little fat waddling western ihop chef looking microsoft trojan horse CEO straight out of star trek (remember those fat guys that would steal others technology in star trek?).

Elop: "I'm smart. I lay off thousands and send production to Asia, ha ha, ....I'm Smart.
Noone will think of that, I'm Smart. I steal N9 design and put windows in it instead, ha ha. I'm Smart"

Man **** you!
What are you talking about, look at the news headlines! Look at the stocks! Look at the NOKIA shrinking market share! You need to shut the F up! You need to stop talking NOW seriously.

OK, wait a second, why did I just reply to someone called lumiaman?
*sigh nevermind
Searching for ignore option now sorry for getting upset at nonsense
Please dont reply Lumiaman he is just a naive troll and I dont wana see his quotes because I have added him to the ignorelist...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
There is no doubt that he's a trojan horse.

Ultimately, i don't think Microsoft will buy Nokia outright though. I think Elop will continue to run the company into the ground and when things are at rock bottom, bits get sold off here and there, it will just be the patents that Microsoft are interested in.
Dont sure if I should agree or not but:

Why on earth doesn't the rest of the board or the big stockholders do somehing about this stupid strategy?

Actually they do NOTHING to replace him! Just plain ****ing NOTHING! I am sure they will reselect him this year.

So question is: Is it only we at TMO and some newssites who actually care!?

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-04-25 at 17:17.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
So question is: Is it only we at TMO and some newssites who actually care!?
Seems like it.

Originally Posted by patlak View Post
You're missing the point. IT'S NOT THE OS!!! There was no sensor at such size with 41 MP during the time. Also, there was no SoC powerful enough to process such images. Even, the current (thought to be) most powerful SoC, Exynos, even Tegra 3, can't cope with 41MP. 808 may suffer CPU wise, however, GPU and DSP wise, it's in a league of its own.
Jesus. I know it's not the OS. That is not the point. Christ !!! I am referring to Ahonen's bull about no other OS being able to handle PureView technology. PureView has been developed in FIVE YEARS. No matter what OS it was intended for 5 years ago, if it was S40, Palm OS, WM, iOS, Maemo, MeeGo, Bada, WebOS, whatever. PureView would work on the particular OS it was developed for no matter what, and no other. Ahonen's argument is nonsense.

If I made an app for Palm and no other OS, does that make Palm a superior OS? No, it makes me stupid for making an app on a dead OS. Nokia makes HW that work only on Symbian (an os with a market share in free fall), does that make Symbian Superior? No, it makes Nokia stupid.

The stupidity is unbelievable actually. Nokia has this gem of a technology that is protected with more than 80 patents. Any other company with such a technology in their hands (except Apple), would put that technology on a top end Android device to be sure that the profit from that technology is maximized. The last thing any other company would do was to put that technology on a device running Symbian.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
PureView has been developed in FIVE YEARS.

The last thing any other company would do was to put that technology on a device running Symbian.
You seem to be aware that it took 5 years to develop but unaware that 5 years ago their plan was not to abandon Symbian??

The problem with abandoning a particular strategy in this case, is that all the offshoot projects, R&D, etc relating to that strategy will be less directly relevant to the new strategy. (i.e. it will take time to migrate the technology to any new system.)

Windows was a horrible choice for flagship OS, agreed. However It is important to understand that Symbian is not the ultimate OS to have. Symbian is better than Windows Phone because it probably at the moment has better apps and flexibility. However I strongly disagree with the point made on the article that Symbian is better than Android. Really? Why do people deny the pure fact that Android is the only true OPEN os that lets people do whatever they want and its evolving and available for many devices. Don't get me wrong I am not an Android fan (Give me Maemo 5 Community edition any day) but it is probably the best os out there right now.
Also Nokia necessarily did not have to move to Android they could have stuck to Linux based OS technology and introduced them to Symbian lovers...trust me after thousand groans and moans they would have realized what a great OS a linux makes.
So my point is Nokia needed to evolve in the OS department that's for sure whether with a more advanced version of Symbian, stick to Maemo Meego or even Android. If they stuck to Symbian they would still have that niche market. With Android they would have a more mainstream market. With windows phone they have close to zero market.
But bear in mind an organization always needs to evolve.

...or revolve.

Tags
blame game, elop the m0ron, goodbyenokia, lumiatard, mistertard, the nokia bash, what's next