Closed Thread
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
I would calm down and check again next week.
We would already have heard if it came out today and updates never come on Fridays.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That's is so untrue. It will be a whole different device. You will be able to press play on the media player widget and the track will start.
ROFL!
You made my day my good sir!

Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Do you guys want an insight into life? Especially into waiting?
PR 1.2 isn't going to be such a big of a deal. You won't feel that your phone is drastically better after you have your hands on it.
Sorry, but if you read the list of bug fixes and cosmetical changes (especially to and for the MicroB browser) you know very well yourself that isn't true at all.
Those little things like a true back button on the browser is something I really look forward to.
Little things like the Mediaplayer widget losing it's damn album art all the time annoys me greatly.
And so there are tons of other little details that I do notice and annoy me and thankfuly these will be addressed in the 1.2 update.

Of course, I can live just fine by waiting and this thread is just pure enterainment for me and a great distraction.
I already got treated with a fantastic "900mhz" update so I am already quite happy.
But the cosmetical changes and annoying little UI things and other bugs I run into daily are welcome addition as well when it comes to getting them fixed!

The list of fixes is so huge, it almost makes me feel uncomfortable knowning how much crap is not going so well inside that little machine at the moment.
I remember the major update with the N95 that suddenly improved the user experience so much and improved battery life dramatically. What a joy and relief that was. Almost like a new phone!
Then the updates after that indeed weren't as breathtaking anymore but still a nice addition.

Personally I believe the PR 1.2 update is something like that, and that after this the updates will have a much smaller need and impact on the device.

i hope flash 10.1 is included if not i will be very disappointed because of the long and it's over due now

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ajflex View Post
i hope flash 10.1 is included if not i will be very disappointed because of the long and it's over due now
Well - Adobe just released "Flash 10.1 Release Candidate" (so still no final version (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/) - so there is a chance to see it rather soon on the N900 also. Already in PR1.2? We will see...

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
could someone recompile flash 10.1 for N900?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I highly doubt that the source code of the flash plugin is available to do that

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I'm working on it right now. After that I'm going to do excel and outlook.

I would much rather have a working version of mobile backtrack than pr1.2 if truth be known, as it will be far more useful to me than any of the current bugfixes and new features

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
I would much rather have a working version of mobile backtrack than pr1.2 if truth be known, as it will be far more useful to me than any of the current bugfixes and new features
I agree, I am still waiting for NeoPwn, can't wait till it comes out (if it does).

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
I agree, I am still waiting for NeoPwn, can't wait till it comes out (if it does).
same here^^

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever