Closed Thread
Dear invalids,

Feel free to look at the gitorious repo where you can see all the changes being made to the open source components of CSSU.

There are better things to do than telling a bunch of ungrateful users what is being done. There is a difference between "open development" and being badgered by users. Shut up.

Anybody who is "wanting" to actually contribute has been in contact with who they need to be. Everybody else is just pissing in the wind.

kthnxbye.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
i am using fastsmsevo, but i hope there was a better option, its kinda slow opening up.
it's swype possible n900?

Updates are available.

New packages for CSSU are up - http://repository.maemo.org/communit...remantle/free/

Update should notify users soon.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Dear invalids,

Feel free to look at the gitorious repo where you can see all the changes being made to the open source components of CSSU.

There are better things to do than telling a bunch of ungrateful users what is being done. There is a difference between "open development" and being badgered by users. Shut up.

Anybody who is "wanting" to actually contribute has been in contact with who they need to be. Everybody else is just pissing in the wind.

kthnxbye.
Best post today. Invalids ... nice

"But my fingers hurt when I am forced to type ..."
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Don't post on tmo before I do, Qt packages were big *** and some users might have had partial updates :P

Anyway, version 14 is up.
Basic changelog until the wiki's updated:
  • Qt upgraded to 4.7.2
  • Reversed press effect.
  • Removed portrait -> landscape rotation when launching apps.
  • hildon-control-panel now takes a new splash screenshot at each startup.
  • camera-ui replaced with open source clone by Nicolai Hess.
  • maemo-statusmenu-fmtx replaced with open source clone by Faheem Pervez.
  • Added new contributors' names to control panel applet.
  • Portrait mode support in osso-pdf-viewer.
  • Modest tree view mode.
  • Portrait mode bckgrounds for Hildon Application Manager (default themes only).
  • New locales for orientation lock applet.
  • Portrait mode task navigator.
  • New locale packages for modest (modest-l10n).
  • New GConf key to disable menu editor (/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/menu_edit_disabled)
  • New GConf keys to set number of rows in hildon-status-menu (/apps/osso/hildon-status-menu/view/number_of_rows and /apps/osso/hildon-status-menu/view/number_of_rows_portrait)
  • New GConf key to make the FMTX status menu item always visible (/apps/osso/maemo-statusmenu-fmtx/always_visible)

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2011-04-11 at 15:27.

The Following 128 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
aanckar, acrux, ahmadamaj, amandalam, ancow, AndiThebest, Andrew_b, antezz, arora.rohan, asys3, ayos!, Bartus, bitrocky, Blaizzen, BLIZZARD, borghal, br1zer, Bratag, Char, clasificado, clovis86, corduroysack, cutehunk04, dantez, daperl, dar3d3vil, Dark_Angel85, datjomp, diegofigueroa, drangina, dtergens, Dvd25, edgar2, elie-7, excelar8, F2thaK, fatcobrah, Flux Pavilion, fmo, fms, fpp, fw190, GaryHT627, gordonshowers, HELLASISGREECE, hellsing, hgroove, hstende, ingvay7, ivgalvez, Jaffa, jhwan, jnack95, jo21, JohnLF, kamil365, kent_autistic, knuthf, kolos, Luigi Brosse, MaddogG, Maj3stic, manavs, MartinK, mathiasp, mbo, mdb666, Megaltariak, Mentalist Traceur, MiK546, mikelima, mike_shenoda, mrsellout, N user, ndi, neboja, Netweaver, NightShift79, NokTokDaddy, number41, OVK, oxpo, pali, pelago, phap, poogash, purgiaali, pusak gaoq, qwertyberty, rabarkar, rawutt, RAZOR, Reflektorfalke, Rob1n, romiiio, sada11, saned, sbock, sjgadsby, slender, SSLMM, stlpaul, StocChr, stooobs, strange1712, teh, Tensuke, thej80, Tiboric, trabendo, travla, v13, Veleno, Venemo, victorevo, viraj3006, vi_, vkv.raju, wimmme, Xagoln, Yorky, Zekahz, zerone, zillertal, zvogt
Originally Posted by Bramji View Post
Nice, Its really nice what the developer of fastevo has made. I have my respects. I only don't like it.
Is there a way to contact the developers of the CSSU?
because I haven't gotten a reply on my question.( do they develop a new portrait keyboard)

Thanks
No they dont and they probably wont,

It is has been attempted before and it failed miserably

Unless you want to try and develop one urself there really isn't much of a chance of this happening. Also the CSSU devs are busy enough as it is.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
i am using fastsmsevo, but i hope there was a better option, its kinda slow opening up.
it's swype possible n900?
GAH!!!!

This has been gone over ad nauseum. For crying out loud people. Do a little research.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Indeed, there are a few places you can watch depending on how you want to get involved (all of which are already listed on the wiki pages):

Someone created a wiki page for feature tracking but I showed a series of Bugzilla searches which did the same, and would be updated automatically. If someone wants to contribute, without being technical, they should consider embedding these searches into the wiki.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Forgot to say there's a new gconf key to make the FMTX applet always visible.
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/maemo-statusmenu-fmtx/always_visible -t bool true
Also, tapping and holding the applet should toggle FMTX state.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
I just updated to the latest version of cssu and I must say this looks *amazing*.

Portrait mode is almost perfect!

Thanks a lot for the hard work guys!

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade