Posts: 31 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colchester, UK
Originally Posted by pali View Post
No such file or directory - /home/user/MyDocs - You did not download files to MyDocs.
i coped the file to the MyDocs when i use "ls" command it lists all the 3 deb file of urs.

You installing bad file :kernel-power_2.6.28-palil_armel.deb
It is not L but number one 1

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I have having the same issue has alfred.. cannot get to boot into your kernel v46 pali1. I have 3 options in multiboot:
1. Maemo PR1.3
2. Maemo 2.6.28-pali1
3. NiitDroid N11

only the booting into 1 & 3 works while the 2nd options displays the "Guru Meditation - missing files" error. I have set up the item file and /boot/multiboot file for vmlinuz-2.6.8.10pali1. But to no avail as it does not seem to boot into kernel-power-pali1.

I verified the /lib/modules and it has a folder for pali1 as well. Anywhere else where I should setup?

What could be the issue?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colchester, UK
Originally Posted by pali View Post
You installing bad file :kernel-power_2.6.28-palil_armel.deb
It is not L but number one 1
Thankx mate. i did it. will let you kw if i come across any issuesl thankx a lot again. keep up the good work.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
To get it work with multiboot, just install power kernel 47 via app manager, then install package kernel-power-bootimg. You can find it in app manager, it's in "system" category and is called "Linux kernel for power user (boot image)". If you cannot find it, you can install it manually via command line - open console and type:
Code:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg
And it should work out of the box.

Steps below are OBSOLETE and I'm not removing them just because this post got many thanks and want to let people in future know why it was that way :P

I got it to work with multiboot! Step-by-step noob friendly tutorial:

Prerequisites

This manual assumes you had kernel-power v46 and multiboot allready installed before and it was working. You will also need Leafpad installed (you can do that by HAM or FAM or by typing in terminal "sudo apt-get install leafpad").

If something went wrong and you get "Requied files not found" error or any other, don't freak out - just choose first kernel during boot and repeat whole process again carefully.

Downloading files

Step 1: First, open terminal and go to MyDocs and create temporary folder power-kernel-temp-files:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs
mkdir power-kernel-temp-files
Step 2: Go to that folder and download files:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/power-kernel-temp-files
wget http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/kernel-power_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb
wget http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/kernel-power-bootimg_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb
wget http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/kernel-power-modules_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb
wget http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/kernel-power-flasher_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb
Installing kernel packages

Step 3: Become root and go to that directory again:
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs/power-kernel-temp-files
Step 4: Install packages (this code below is ONE command and should be typed WITHOUT pressing enter in between, only once press enter after typing FULL AND COMPLETE command below):
Code:
dpkg --install kernel-power-modules_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb kernel-power-bootimg_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb kernel-power_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb kernel-power-flasher_2.6.28-pali1_armel.deb
Setting proper names and permissions for files

I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING TAB, BECAUSE REPLACING WRONG KERNEL CAN MAKE YOUR PHONE UNBOOTABLE, SO BETTER TYPE THESE TWO COMMANDS BELOW WITHOUT USING TAB KEY

Step 5: Still as root, delete old power kernel v46, as it is no longer needed:
Code:
rm /boot/multiboot/vmlinuz-2.6.28.10power46
Step 6: And replace it with new patched power kernel v46-pali1
Code:
mv /boot/zImage-2.6.28-pali1 /boot/zImage-2.6.28.10pali1
Step 7: Now, the next step was not necessary in my case, but it won't do any hurm and it was needed at least in one case (Thanks, leojab!)
So we make sure that file permissions are set properly for files needed to boot:
Code:
chown root:root /boot/zImage-2.6.28.10pali1
chown root:root /lib/modules/2.6.28.10pali1
chown root:root /lib/modules/2.6.28.10pali1/*
Modyfing or creating multiboot menu entry

Step 8: Still as root, edit multiboot entry:
Code:
leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/01-Maemo-kernel-power46.item
It should say (IMPORTANT: in the end of 3rd and 4th line it says "pali1" as "pali one", not as PALIL):
(also, disregard that little statement in second line :P)
# AUTOGENERATED by multiboot-kernel-power
# !!! DON'T EDIT !!!
ITEM_NAME="Maemo kernel-power46-pali1"
ITEM_KERNEL="2.6.28.10pali1"
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
Finalizing and testing

Step 9: Close it, save changes. Now, close terminal, reboot device with keyboard open, choose power kernel option. If something went wrong and you get "Requied files not found" error or any other, don't freak out - just choose first kernel during boot and repeat whole process again carefully.

Step 10: If successful, after reboot Open console and type:
Code:
uname -r
You should see "2.6.28.10pali1". Then you can open file manager (stock one, can be found in phone applications menu), select N900 internal memory and delete "power-kernel-temp-files" folder, as it is not needed anymore

Last edited by misiak; 2011-05-09 at 23:34.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by leojab View Post
I have set up the item file and /boot/multiboot file for vmlinuz-2.6.8.10pali1.
I do not provide vmlinuz image. As I wrote I have zImage in kernel-power-bootimg deb package

I am horny to hear the a review of the benefits of this kernel...would you consider uploading to dev repos pali?

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
I am horny to hear the a review of the benefits of this kernel...would you consider uploading to dev repos pali?
I'd like to update existing kernel-power package (instead creating new kernel-pali or similar). But I do not have permitions for updating kernel-power package. I'm in pending list, see http://maemo.org/packages/view/kernel-power/

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I assume
This build contains these patches (expect wl1251 wifi patch):
means we can use the faircrack tool with this kernel? Or did you mean "except" instead of "expect"?

Originally Posted by stone17 View Post
I assume

means we can use the faircrack tool with this kernel? Or did you mean "except" instead of "expect"?
sorry, char fix: it is except, so no aircrack yet.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou