Active Topics

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hmmm... Some of these specs don't seem so bad to me. 2GB RAM (will help with multitasking), 12MP Camera (I know you need to consider other factors besides MP but it could be helpful) Quad core CPU, 5.5 inch screen (probably to accommodate home button), a little thinner, better battery. I like it. It would be disappointing if it doesn't come with Jelly bean. What do you think is better: super amoled plus tech with 1280x720 or 1280x800 pentile? As a workhorse device that could be used with docking station it might be quite good. I would say its rather a NOTE1.8. 1.5 seems a bit too low! Anyways, it's perhaps a little premature to know what its true specs are but it is fun to speculate!
It seems better in every way.... but only marginally.
720p SAMOLED+ >> 800p SAMOLED

The only thing bugging me is the "pebble" styling, and that its going to be wider. The NOTE is perfect width as is, going wider would make it harder to pocket and hold. And if I wanted to put a case on it, it becomes even more so difficult. And for me the case is not debatable, I need the kickstand on the rear.

The extra screen estate is okay, its just the physical dimensions that put me off.
I'll see how my custom 4.0.4 Note stacks up to this.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
the latest Firefox Beta is great on the Note; this is the first time I'm thinking to use it as default browser, instead of Dolphin. Starts quick, works quick and has perfect column enlarging.
The only annoyance is setting cursor in textarea input fields (I cannot avoid selecting whole words, and find next to impossible to position between two words).

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Indeed, very usable and a definite improvement on all previous mobile FF versions (including Maemo :-).

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
It seems better in every way.... but only marginally.
720p SAMOLED+ >> 800p SAMOLED

The only thing bugging me is the "pebble" styling, and that its going to be wider. The NOTE is perfect width as is, going wider would make it harder to pocket and hold. And if I wanted to put a case on it, it becomes even more so difficult. And for me the case is not debatable, I need the kickstand on the rear.

The extra screen estate is okay, its just the physical dimensions that put me off.
I'll see how my custom 4.0.4 Note stacks up to this.
Well, I would agree that many of the changes are incremental, (except some things like doubling RAM and going to quad core). Perhaps another way to look at it is that they are building on success! I'm also not so thrilled with the "pebble" styling. Hope they don't go that route.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
I hope the Galaxy Note II won't have the cheap plastic feel that the Galaxy S III supposedly has. . .

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
o
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
I hope the Galaxy Note II won't have the cheap plastic feel that the Galaxy S III supposedly has. . .
Its to early to tell but my guess is that that they will look almost the same. Like sgnote and sgs2 did.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
^Now you've got 2x Thanks

I'm flattered

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Don't know why, I get a feeling that all Samsung phones are built out of cheap plastic Build quality is pathetic I do not find them appealing

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
Don't know why, I get a feeling that all Samsung phones are built out of cheap plastic Build quality is pathetic I do not find them appealing
I saw a GS3 drop test video, it was pretty brutal to watch what happens when Samsung's 'cheap' plastic falls 4-5 ft. A few feet more and I think the phone would've broken in half like a candy bar. Not that I'm one to drop phones/electronics it still bothers me to know how minimal of a beating a Samsung product can take.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
Well, there is this plasticky feeling, true, but I must admit that up to now I haven't had crackings or squeakings with the Note. The back cover fits well even if I have opened and closed it several times for battery changing, and the microusb port is still attached where it was meant to be (this hasn't been true for some other beloved devices ).

Then, we should admit that in order to have radio waves pass through it without attenuation, and to make it light and cheap, they must go plastics, and not metal, even if those peripheral electrons of metal atoms are sooo shiny and feel cool. Carbon fiber who knows?

Tags
android, galaxy note