Active Topics

Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
Hi, thanks for writing the software!
I have tried it on my N9 and it doesn't work for me. When I start Helium the Servers page is empty (I am running ps3mediaserver on my Debian-running PC) and the renderers page is also empty (I have a Sony Bravia streaming content).

What am I doing wrong? The phone is connected via WiFi to the same network as the PC and TV.

Thanks for any help!
If you enable the N9's media sharing, do you see that?

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
Tried 0.5 yesterday with my WDTV Live. It's working but felt much slower than before..Changing of media titles takes 10-15 seconds to be reflected on my WDTV Live. But it could also be the new firmware update of the WDTV live that causes this.
Hm, I did a small change there. It now waits for the device to say that setting the URI succeeded before it starts them - unless already running. Is that the grey round WDTV live or the black, edgy one?

Hello,
First of all I want to express my appreciation for this great app! It works and I'm really looking forward to its further development!
However, I have some feature requests for its control point part. My usage scenario is like that: I'm using foobar2000 on Win7 with foo_upnp plug-in and I'm trying to control its playback using Helium, but there are 3 main request that I have:

1. There aren't buttons for next and previous song. I think this is essential and would be really useful to have such a feature.
2. The second one is probably a bug. When playback is controlled from Helium, on track completion the playback stops and I have to manually press the play button for the next track to start. (EDIT 24.06.2012: This might be a problem of foo_upnp, but anyway a report that this can't be reproduced with another renderer would be nice)
3. If I decide to try the "server" part of Helium it correctly sends the chosen track to the desired renderer (which in my case is again the foobar2000 renderer), but when I want to go back to my random playback of foobar2000's playlist it is not possible to access it. What I mean is that when I first start Helium's "play" part, it connects to 127.0.0.1/fail which plays foobar2000's playlist as I want it, but if I change to play a track from a UPNP server I can't go back to 127.0.0.1/fail (also, is it normal to be called "fail"?), there is no option for that.

I hope that there would be a chance for these points to be taken care of. And again, keep up the good work!

Last edited by skrech; 2012-06-24 at 11:48.

Originally Posted by skrech View Post
Hello,
First of all I want to express my appreciation for this great app! It works and I'm really looking forward to its further development!
However, I have some feature requests for its control point part. My usage scenario is like that: I'm using foobar2000 on Win7 with foo_upnp plug-in and I'm trying to control its playback using Helium, but there are 3 main request that I have:

1. There aren't buttons for next and previous song. I think this is essential and would be really useful to have such a feature.
Yes, though it's a bit hard to not wake expectations that this will actually move forward/backward in the current server list.

2. The second one is probably a bug. When playback is controlled from Helium, on track completion the playback stops and I have to manually press the play button for the next track to start. (EDIT 24.06.2012: This might be a problem of foo_upnp, but anyway a report that this can't be reproduced with another renderer would be nice)

3. If I decide to try the "server" part of Helium it correctly sends the chosen track to the desired renderer (which in my case is again the foobar2000 renderer), but when I want to go back to my random playback of foobar2000's playlist it is not possible to access it. What I mean is that when I first start Helium's "play" part, it connects to 127.0.0.1/fail which plays foobar2000's playlist as I want it, but if I change to play a track from a UPNP server I can't go back to 127.0.0.1/fail (also, is it normal to be called "fail"?), there is no option for that.
I've foo here, I'll check that. I don't understand the 127.0.0.1 thing, though. Are you using foobar as an UPnP server and playing back locally via UPnP in foobar?

Originally Posted by phako View Post
I've foo here, I'll check that. I don't understand the 127.0.0.1 thing, though. Are you using foobar as an UPnP server and playing back locally via UPnP in foobar?
Great that you have foobar! I just want to use my n9 as a remote control, nothing more. For this I need only the renderer part of fooba2000.
But for the sake of experiment I tried what's the behaviour of Helium when using it for local playback via UPnP, but this really doesn't interests me in real life.

Originally Posted by phako View Post
Hm, I did a small change there. It now waits for the device to say that setting the URI succeeded before it starts them - unless already running. Is that the grey round WDTV live or the black, edgy one?
It is the newer one (http://www.golem.de/1110/sp_86898-22342-i.jpg). Could be that your change is causing the delay...It sometimes plays fast but in general the waiting time has become much longer than before...it's quite confusing now because after pressing play onds you're not sure if the player will play it or not and then after 10 seconds suddenly the playback starts...

I have a suggestion: As you live in Germany, I could lend you the device for some time if you want to test it at home and improve the overal performance...but its just a suggestion :-)

Great that you have foobar! I just want to use my n9 as a remote control, nothing more. For this I need only the renderer part of fooba2000.
But for the sake of experiment I tried what's the behaviour of Helium when using it for local playback via UPnP, but this really doesn't interests me in real life.
The "http://127.0.0.1/fail" is foo's way of saying "I'm playing back a local file". Helium should display the correct title, but foobar 2000 uses the key "CurrentTrackMetaData" while the correct key is "...Metadata", so Helium doesn't. I've filed an upstream bug (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=678784) and added a patch to Helium.

So at least that mystery is solved.

Just tried that and foo goes back to random playback here.

Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
It is the newer one (http://www.golem.de/1110/sp_86898-22342-i.jpg). Could be that your change is causing the delay...It sometimes plays fast but in general the waiting time has become much longer than before...it's quite confusing now because after pressing play onds you're not sure if the player will play it or not and then after 10 seconds suddenly the playback starts...

I have a suggestion: As you live in Germany, I could lend you the device for some time if you want to test it at home and improve the overal performance...but its just a suggestion :-)
You can undo this change by changing the call to r.setUriAndPlay(uri, metadata) in Browse.qml, function setUri() to r.setAVTransportUri(uri, metadata) and r.play(), and see if that helps.

Ok Ok, I see I shouldn't have suggested that :-) By the way I'm extremely happy about your work on Helium and PushUp!