Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
thanks for clarification, seems I've been mistaken. Sorry.
/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Joerg: can you please stop with the negativity? IIRC someone was banned for just that in your small admin area of tmo from all of tmo (and that person was actually invested in the project so had full rights to complain/share thoughts).

OT: I'm willing to offer one of my N900s if this comes to fruition (not sure if can find original boxset, might be just the phone with charger) no point in it gathering dust. Hope to see great new developments (xwayland anyone?)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
[...] IIRC someone was banned for just that in your small admin area of tmo from all of tmo [...]
If you mean Estel, at least I reported one of his posts there as I saw his tone being utterly unrespectful and considered it a harassment in a subtle and poisonous way.

I don't mean to pardon anyone's behavior, though, of course. It takes two to tango... always.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
If you mean Estel, at least I reported one of his posts there as I saw his tone being utterly unrespectful and considered it a harassment in a subtle and poisonous way.

I don't mean to pardon anyone's behavior, though, of course. It takes two to tango... always.
Thanks, explanation I've seen given was spreading negativity about FOSS project in the works, can we pls get back on topic and not ruin this because personal triggers whenever someone sees legal term (there are threads to discuss council/hifo/ev competences, this is community project, can be organized without governing body)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
/dev/urandom

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2014-06-17 at 11:16. Reason: removed useless content

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Sorry, I *am* part of council, and when I think somebody insinuates that council (or nobody, or dontcarewho) should coordinate the competition then I have to step in and explain that currently council cannot do this. This is a) no negativism, b) absolutely on topic, c) not about competences.
When somebody is going off topic here then it's you.

Best regards
jOERG
No, it's you with your layman lawyer senses tingling. Chemist started an idea/thread, you come up with negativity. We can organize it as we want (unless you ban us, then we can organize it on tjc I guess), noone asked for your "help". We can make the donator-winner relationship peertopeer (community can filter donators with 1 post 0 thanks and 10 n950s offered easily), no need for the legal wrangling you come up with

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
I see. I'm not even interested in learning from you what is the "legal wrangling" in here.
I just want to share a last sidenote: I been interested in this not only because of council supposed to take care of CC and to apologize that council right now can't do, and to make sure that the organizing task nevertheless gets accepted by somebody since otherwise I can take bets that nobody will care. I also did all this because I have a quite personal interest in this CC, since in #1 "Neo900" been mentioned as category, and I planned to support CC by some prizes. But what's going on here is not yet what Neo900 UG will engage in, sorry.

/j

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
its called language barrier people. not everyone here is a native english speaker. at least that's what i saw was happening. can we just restart this thread?

Great, we can use polls to make sure community decides not council whom to reward (not sure if you are interested but in my understanding mentioning nonexistant Neo900 was a compliment as in theory Neo900 is supposed to be compatible, not sure if you will be happy that more software is available to your baby), pls OT now?

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
I would suggest to go back on topic, fix first post using clear subjects adding there who is offering what and which is the proposal.

@all
please, could you use the same incredible amount of energies and time to build something useful instead spend your time bickering with long descriptions of other's failures, errors and wrong posts?

I'm almost sure that if someone wants describe his contrary point of view can do it in just one line without try to remember the problems of past.

If it wasn't clear, THIS IS NOT FACEBOOK.MAEMO.ORG

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post: