Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Strasbourg, France
I suggest you have a look at Gtick, a GTK+ desktop metronome application.

There you'll be able to see how visual aid can be implemented, as well as many other feature ideas. Maybe it's worth looking at the code too.

I don't know if someone has said this or it's been done already, but I suggest that you could make led that is in corner of n900 to blink in beat if possible. That way screen could be turned off and you could still see the beat. Thank you for great app.

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by goze View Post
I don't know if someone has said this or it's been done already, but I suggest that you could make led that is in corner of n900 to blink in beat if possible. That way screen could be turned off and you could still see the beat. Thank you for great app.
Yeah I was going to do this earlier but I found out that the led can be blinked only in specific blink patterns (for example the SMS blinking etc.). So not possible AFAIK.

Don't know if you'd consider this a bug but - Maetronome does not produce any sound when the phone is on silent. I thought that generally apps which you rely on for their ability to produce sound would do so even when the phone is on a silent profile - for example the media player still plays sound when the phone is set to silent. I don't think a phone's "silent" profile is the same as "mute" - its purpose is to prevent random unexpected sounds from phone calls and text messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to llBlackenedll For This Useful Post:
Hello,

first of all THANK YOU for this app, it's really nice!
The only problem I have is that it won't start from the applications menu, i have to go to xterm... that's somehow annoying. Any way to fix this?

Originally Posted by lamuerte View Post
Hello,

first of all THANK YOU for this app, it's really nice!
The only problem I have is that it won't start from the applications menu, i have to go to xterm... that's somehow annoying. Any way to fix this?
I have the same problem.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ GTA Ontario
Works for me :-)
And Catorise put's it under Multimedia, from where it starts just fine :-D

Thank You.

I don't know if the original developer is still around, but...

I'd just like to have a sleep timer. I have insomnia and am using a metronome for sleep aid, but I don't live alone so when it's ticking until I wake up then someone may not like it For the android, there was a simple app called SleepMetronome and it was great.
Temporarily I use earbuds but I don't want to get strangled as I move in a bed :C Too bad I don't know a thing about programming.

Last edited by mhzesent; 2013-10-11 at 16:43.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by mhzesent View Post
I'd just like to have a sleep timer. I have insomnia and am using a metronome for sleep aid, but I don't live alone so when it's ticking until I wake up then someone may not like it
Open Media Player has a sleep timer.
So you could listen to music or even record an endless loop of a metronome's ticking.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Well, call me dumb, but I never thought about this I just will have to record some loops with different bpm because with my sleep issues I have to set it a few bpm higher or lower but that's no problem given that I use FL Studio