Notices

Hi there!

I am not a native English speaker, but I recorded the vocal announcements for en_US anyway. If you can bear an accent, this might be of use until a native speaker can record this. :-)
I license this under "Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported" (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Would be great if you drop me a message if you end up using this.

If I find some time, I might also do a recording for de_DE (German) which is my first language. Just to clarify how to translate this: In what cases would the announcement "turn slightly to the right" be used? Like a street going off in a 45 degree angle or something?

Regards!
Jan
Attached Files
File Type: gz mappero_finalcut_en_US.mp3.gz (300.6 KB, 367 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to jav_maemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
it_IT
I admit there might be better voices than mine
Hi Ernesto, thanks for your audio files!
There are just two problems:
1) The audio is a bit clicky/noisy (but this is not so important)
2) "slight turn right" doesn't mean to keep the right side, but actually to turn to the right (not 90°, probably less than 45°).

Originally Posted by jav_maemo View Post
Hi there!

I am not a native English speaker, but I recorded the vocal announcements for en_US anyway. If you can bear an accent, this might be of use until a native speaker can record this. :-)
I license this under "Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported" (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Would be great if you drop me a message if you end up using this.
I definitely will. :-)

If I find some time, I might also do a recording for de_DE (German) which is my first language. Just to clarify how to translate this: In what cases would the announcement "turn slightly to the right" be used? Like a street going off in a 45 degree angle or something?
Exactly! I'm looking forward to the German version too :-)

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Here's my try on da_DK recorded on the N900 for authenticity...
Attached Files
File Type: gz da_DK.ogg.tar.gz (164.6 KB, 208 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
mappero requires flite in order to have the voice. Where should I look for this application?

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
mappero requires flite in order to have the voice. Where should I look for this application?
Read here for the options.

Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
Actually it doesn't. It's a mistake in the text; the next version (3.0+beta8) will fix that and also make sure that the right codecs for decoding the sound files are installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to mardy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
What is the file format? i would liek to make russian translation (even knwo the girl to record) but it would be easier if i could just record separetly files, so i would like to know the names of files and file format i should use

I'm going to try to use Mappero for a route I know later today. Hope everything turns out ok.

what codecs to use to decode the sound files.
when i double click the sound files, n900 default media player play the sound.
but mappero just show a ! mark over the volume bar at the bottom left corner.
just cant get the voice, pls help

Tags
mappero, navigation