Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Just back on the n900 after a looong and traitorous sojourn with Android. Will try this one out tetris11_, for sure.

Quite an emotional return - old tech maybe but I simply love the n900 in ways I do not and suspect cannot enjoy 'droid.

HA

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Just out of curiosity - is tetris still around here, and developing this? Looks like very interesting project, no idea how I could have missed it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Siren For This Useful Post:
Yes he is - posted a few days back.
Report back on app: text on setup screens is very small. So much so I struggle to test Yup, old eyes, .... (sigh)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Hey handaxe, good too see you again buddy!

My code has (noticeably) improved since phonestream (no more single-class apps), but my layouts still suck. Will work on that.

@Siren - cheers! Yes I'm still around. I don't plan to get a new phone any time soon.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Is time-lapse meant to save to the same folder as motion-detect? Motion works fine but I am not getting images from 'lapse.
Battery flat, so later.... Just seen the info on CLI operation.
Small bug on Repeat screen: if minutes dial is set to 0, then seconds cannot be set below 20.

Also tick boxes at bottom overlap with dial (you likely know that).

This app has huge value for n900 in retirement. Add send sms alongside email (and even a sound alarm?) in motion-detect and the n900 really is a pocket alarm system.

Last edited by handaxe; 2012-12-26 at 20:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Ah, yes - you need to edit the first post to reflect the new path for watchdog: "/opt/watchdog/bin/watchdog" and not "motiondetect".

Indeed, the time-lapse routine seems to be trying to run a motion-detect executable and thus tripping up.

And what is the run-time variable "--teenage-diplomacy" that time-lapse attempts? /opt/watchdog/bin/watchdog segfaults if fed that.

Last edited by handaxe; 2012-12-27 at 11:27.

Ah I forgot to change targets when I renamed the app... that was smart of me. Heh '--teenage-diplomacy', that's a switch with all the camera settings for the shot attached which only runs the app if the present date is less than the attached variable.
(I was also listening to "Blinded by the Lght" by ELO on a repeat for a couple of hours and the chirpiness slowly drove me insane...)

The Repeat screen bug is actually a safegaurd to prevent the phone from crashing if it executes too many jobs close together. Launching+Shooting+Closing the watchdog takes around 5-10 seconds depending on how busy the CPU is, so I made the minimum interval 20 seconds for caution.

Okay, so TODO:
Fix targets on app
Update frontpage to correct target
Fix layouts
Add SMS + Sound alarm

Will try fixes today if not busy

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
@ tetris11_ : have you looked at the intervalometer package? No reason to ask other than curiosity. Is unfinished it seems - as the plugins do not seem built and the advanced setting appears not to present any advanced options.

yeah I tried it out but couldn't get it to work.
I haven't looked at the source, but I was the under the impression it used its own background daemon to schedule jobs.

Btw, I fixed a few bugs but created a few new ones so I'll release a hotfix update either today or tomorrow

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
This application looks great. I can not stop myself from wondering - these days we can see Galaxy S4 being released to market and it has a cool feature - being able to do operations without actually touching the screen (the hand just needs to be moved above the screen).
Is it possible somehow, to make the front camera track simple hand movement (right to left for example) and make it launch a user script as a result? if this was possible, using the N900 could have been awesome in cases where you cannot/do not want to touch the screen (like if you are in the kitchen and your hands are dirty).

Just some thoughts running in my head - what do you think?

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, watchdog