Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Havent had that issue. What was the error message?
hi Bratag,

I can not save the file, although I had choose the patch to save,
for example I set the file save to my SD or N900, but after saving,
i can not find the file saved before~ ( i have tried to save the default, png, and jpg, still can not find.)

Thanks!

I am not sure is my problem come along with the chinese (complex chinese) edition? I can't find the setting to change to english one.

Originally Posted by weechia View Post
I am not sure is my problem come along with the chinese (complex chinese) edition? I can't find the setting to change to english one.
Start mypaint from terminal: start x-terminal, type mypaint and press enter. Then try to save and check do you got any error messages to terminal.

Version 0.9.1-maemo5 will show errors to screen also.

The Following User Says Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Hi AapoRantalainen any changelogs for maemo5 version?

You can see changelogs on: http://maemo.org/packages/view/mypaint/ It is some hours late and I made mistake of dates so entries are not in order

mypaint_0.9.1-maemo5:
* Fix: export brush set
Context menu opens with double clicking group name (it is not very handy, but it was easy to make)

* Fix: brush settings should now work

* Fix: In-program error messages
Error-dialogs was broken, now user will see errors (even started from menu). Press outside of details to continue mypaint. Press 'quit' to really quit mypaint.

* Fix: saving png images without transparency
Saving non-transparency png had issue.

I started wiki page for mypaint http://wiki.maemo.org/MyPaint relating this new version 0.9.1. It seems this will soon work as good as old 0.8.2.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Thanks for posting it! But I really don't see the changelog for maemo5 there

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 4,475 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
mypaint_0.9.1-maemo5:
* Fix: export brush set
Context menu opens with double clicking group name (it is not very handy, but it was easy to make)
There is BUG, when I try to Export Brush package, MyPaint gives a error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last): 
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/brushselectionwindow.py", line 466, export_group_cb(self=<GroupSelector object at 0x42848940 (GtkDrawingArea at 0x7e4020)>, w=<gtk.MenuItem object at 0x47b49490 (GtkMenuItem at 0xc7c260)>, group=u'Tone') 
if filename is not None: 
self.bm.export_group(group, filename) 
variables: {'group': ('local', u'Tone'), 'self.bm.export_group': ('local', <bound method BrushManager.export_group of <gui.brushmanager.BrushManager instance at 0x429012d8>>), 'filename': ('local', u'/home/user/MyDocs/Tone_Brush_Set_2.zip')} 
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/brushmanager.py", line 466, export_group(self=<gui.brushmanager.BrushManager instance at 0x429012d8>, group=u'Tone', filename=u'/home/user/MyDocs/Tone_Brush_Set_2.zip') 
prefix = brush.get_fileprefix() 
zip.write(prefix + '.myb', brush.name + '.myb') 
zip.write(prefix + '_prev.png', brush.name + '_prev.png') 
variables: {'brush.name': ('local', u'tone/Sketch_Pencil_1'), 'prefix': ('local', u'/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/brushes/tone/Sketch_Pencil_1'), 'zip.write': ('local', <bound method ZipFile.write of <zipfile.ZipFile instance at 0x47b5f6c0>>)} 
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/zipfile.py", line 568, write(self=<zipfile.ZipFile instance at 0x47b5f6c0>, filename=u'/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/brushes/tone/Sketch_Pencil_1.myb', arcname=u'tone/Sketch_Pencil_1.myb', compress_type=None) 
zinfo.file_size = file_size = 0 
self.fp.write(zinfo.FileHeader()) 
if zinfo.compress_type == ZIP_DEFLATED: 
variables: {'self.fp.write': ('local', <built-in method write of file object at 0x47b5e9b0>), 'zinfo.FileHeader': ('local', <bound method ZipInfo.FileHeader of <zipfile.ZipInfo object at 0x47b535d0>>)} 
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/zipfile.py", line 260, FileHeader(self=<zipfile.ZipInfo object at 0x47b535d0>) 
len(self.filename), len(extra)) 
return header + self.filename + extra 
variables: {'header': ('local', 'PK\x03\x04\x14\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x10\x98\x97>\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x18\x00\x00\x00'), 'self.filename': ('local', u'tone/Sketch_Pencil_1.myb'), 'extra': ('local', '')} 
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x98 in position 11: unexpected code byte
EDIT: There is also Scale problem in Brush Settings->more (envelopes), envelope do not show entirely on the window - see attachment.

EDIT2: Problem at envelope display is somewhat random?
Attached Images

Apple iPad Air 3 & iPad mini 5 | Apple Pencil
MacBook Pro 13-inch | Intuos Pro S, Cintiq 27QHD
iPhone XS Max | Main phone
Nokia N900 x2 | OC 1,15 GHz | MyPaint 0.9.1 for Fremantle | Tone's Brush Set X

www.tonikasurinen.fi
www.facebook.com/tonikasurinenartist
www.instagram.com/tonikasurinenartist

Last edited by Creativetone; 2011-04-25 at 17:39. Reason: second Bug :(

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creativetone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Thx Aapo, all the updates are coming along great!! I only wish I could do more to help.

I have to admit it's a bit surprising that no one's really concerned about the accelmap.conf not working anymore. But it looks like that is just the way mypaint is since 0.9.x. So hopefully it's fix at some point, but for now it looks like we'll just have to set it via the keys strokes (though, I will be modifying /home/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/ drawwindows.py and document.py)

I was working on shortcut cheat sheet, but it seems more than a few of the default don't really work with the n900 so I'll put it on hold with the hopes that if my be useful later on.

cheers

x

Seeing the developers reply is disappointing, but understandable:

"QUESTION 10/19/2010: I set some shortcuts (for canvas rotation and brighter/darker color) in MyPaint 0.8.2. After upgrading to 0.9.0beta, the shortcuts are not preserved.

More precisely: their corresponding entries in accelmap.conf are still present, but they don't work anymore. That's because the same actions have been now remapped to the DocumentActions group (instead of WindowActions as they were in MyPaint 0.8.2).

While I'm positive there's a good reason for this change, a solution from transitioning/converting the old-style shortcuts to the new format would be welcome, especially for users that have many shortcuts set up.

PS: I doubt the problem is Windows 7 specific, but I didn't try it on other OSes."

ANSWER 01/18/2011: Update of bug #16897 (project mypaint):

Open/Closed: Open => Closed

Follow-up Comment #1:

Well... would have been nice, but a bit too much effort for something that the users can fix so easily. And with some luck, it won't happen again."

http://www.mail-archive.com/mypaint-.../msg01093.html

Last edited by xman; 2011-04-23 at 20:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
Start mypaint from terminal: start x-terminal, type mypaint and press enter. Then try to save and check do you got any error messages to terminal.

Version 0.9.1-maemo5 will show errors to screen also.
hi AapoRantalainen, thanks for your help. i find the terminal show a lot of command, it is:

~ $ mypaint
external python-simplejson
confpath = /home/user/.mypaint/
device change: TSC2005 touchscreen <enum GDK_SOURCE_PEN of type GdkInputSource>
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/filehandling.py", line 323, in save_cb
self.save_as_cb(action)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/filehandling.py", line 380, in save_as_cb
self.save_file(filename, **options)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/drawwindow.py", line 40, in wrapper
func(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/filehandling.py", line 249, in save_file
thumbnail_pixbuf = self.doc.model.save(filename, feedback_cb=self.gtk_main_tick, **options)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/lib/document.py", line 332, in save
save(filename, **kwargs)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/lib/document.py", line 397, in save_png
pixbufsurface.save_as_png(self, filename, *doc_bbox, **kwargs)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/lib/pixbufsurface.py", line 115, in save_as_png
alpha = kwargs['alpha']
KeyError: 'alpha'
Error in sys.excepthook:
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/gtkexcepthook.py", line 169, in _info
dialog.get_content_area().pack_start(details_expan der)
AttributeError: 'gtk.MessageDialog' object has no attribute 'get_content_area'

Original exception was:
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/filehandling.py", line 323, in save_cb
self.save_as_cb(action)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/filehandling.py", line 380, in save_as_cb
self.save_file(filename, **options)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/drawwindow.py", line 40, in wrapper
func(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/gui/filehandling.py", line 249, in save_file
thumbnail_pixbuf = self.doc.model.save(filename, feedback_cb=self.gtk_main_tick, **options)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/lib/document.py", line 332, in save
save(filename, **kwargs)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/lib/document.py", line 397, in save_png
pixbufsurface.save_as_png(self, filename, *doc_bbox, **kwargs)
File "/opt/mypaint/share/mypaint/lib/pixbufsurface.py", line 115, in save_as_png
alpha = kwargs['alpha']
KeyError: 'alpha'

thanks again!

weechia

i have informed to update via the internet, now i can save my drawing already, that is great!!

Tags
mypaint