Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
genisoimage - Creates ISO-9660 CD-ROM filesystem images
wodim - command line CD/DVD writing tool

Use google (or search for their manpages) for instructions, I uploaded them to -devel a long time ago.
Thank you!

I will install and test

Originally Posted by harrogate22 View Post
At the risk of getting my head bitten off for asking a totally dumb question, could I ask a totally dumb question? I'm like a lot of avid followers of this thread, quite ignorant about the technical details, but extremely grateful to those who are making Host-Mode possible. So, here it goes: how, as a non-technical user, do I implement Host-mode? Or is it not at that stage yet, in which case, is it likely to be made available for non-experts to implement?

Thanks again for all the effort put into this by the various contributors.
It is NOT in a stage for a non-technical user yet.

to make this work, it needs to install several extras-devel packages, including core phone things like the kernel, and hit the ugly buttons that mohammad has packaged in the ui.

when it doesnt work, there is no cute error message, and no easy error explanation, you need to run several terminal commands to get very technical help that usually means nothing for a non-technical user.

And when you come here asking for help, non-technical users get RTFMs and a lot of insults, for not doing the proper research, and for installing extras-devel packages without knowing what are doing

Thats why it's still in a "beta" stage, even if it's under active development.

and, again, it's still not recomended for non-technical users

and no, it's not a dumb question, it's just that non-technical users dont read warning messages, even this one.

or at least, its my humble advice.

Last edited by clasificado; 2010-11-23 at 15:32.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by clasificado View Post
to make this work, it needs to install several extras-devel packages, including core phone things like the kernel, and hit the ugly buttons that mohammad has packaged in the ui.

when it doesnt work, there is no cute error message, and no easy error explanation, you need to run several terminal commands to get very technical help that usually means nothing for a non-technical user.
Oi! They're not that ugly

About error messages though, I'm working on them, I'm still new to C++/Qt

@ teamer, you could try, if they use the same drivers as the N900's Broadcom chip it might work, otherwise, you'll need drivers, you could try anyways

dear mohammed

what about the camera is it working on kernel power 46 or not ??!!

or they need the same package on previous kernel . because on previous kernel power working very fine but in the new kernel power 46 the same problem

p.s : i'm upgrade the hostmode 0.3 and the camera not working

plz help me or us

Hey great app. I just have a question. Is it possible to use a usb splitter with the hostmode?
It is AC powered so power is not a problem.

If it works, if I add different devices what hostmode speed should I select? i.e. mouse and flash drive

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
@linux511
We are not the power kernel maintainers. Please ask questions about camera support in power kernel to the power kernel maintainers. This is about hostmode

@bachagabriel
please read this complete thread it has even pictures about hubs being used with N900 hostmode (if hub == splitter, otherwise please explain what a splitter actually is)
A USB hub does speed rate conversion so best use highest speed to connect to hub

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
@linux511
We are not the power kernel maintainers. Please ask questions about camera support in power kernel to the power kernel maintainers. This is about hostmode

@bachagabriel
please read this complete thread it has even pictures about hubs being used with N900 hostmode (if hub == splitter, otherwise please explain what a splitter actually is)
A USB hub does speed rate conversion so best use highest speed to connect to hub

/j
Actually just tested it out. It's working.I have connected my mouse and keyboard to my N900 and they both work

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=357371

Logitech G7

Logitech DiNovo Edge

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bachagabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Seems that hen GUI does not detach devices on close. lshal still lists USB devices as present after hostmode is deactivated. Is it possible a sequence like following to be implemented on GUI close

-power off VBUS
-bus is re-enumerated , so devices are removed from hal device list.
-bme started

I know above is naive, but you should get the idea

Last edited by freemangordon; 2010-11-24 at 11:53.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
As a quick step to making life easier when mounting USB filesystems (I hate typing more than necessary on that tiny keyboard), I've build pmount for maemo based on debian version 0.9.20, the latest that will work with debhelper version 5. I had to modify it to remove the 'user' option when mounting as this isn't supported by busybox. What this means is that you can simply type (for example):

pmount sda1 <label>
to create the mountpoint /media/sda1 (or /media/<label> if you specified <label>) and mount /dev/sda1 on it. And similarly

pumount sda1
to unmount and destroy the mount point.

To install (I guess if you don't know how to do this then maybe you shouldn't be trying, but really it is very easy), download the attachment to your N900 then type:

sudo dpkg --install pmount_0.9.20-1-0busybox_armel.deb
sudo adduser user plugdev
then (possibly) reboot the device to reload the user and group information. There may be a smarter way to do this, but it was easier just to reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: deb pmount_0.9.20-1-0busybox_armel.deb (101.6 KB, 127 views)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to avidscavenger For This Useful Post:

i m using nokia n900 v.pr3 aslo dual booting maemo 5 nd nitdroid........

so kernel power v46 need...... but my kernel v 2.6.28-omap1

so how to change nd how to mount...... i hav female converter....... pls help me......... pls give me any solution in here or mail me kawsarhossain@gmail.com

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host