Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So what do you think happening at jolla. Do they still think they Will do some refunds? Im starting to think that the refund is just another scam.

Time for some scampi and wine.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Hm, scampi would be the perfect name for a kickstarter mini-computer that'll never be produced. With IOT and everything, for just 1$.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Nothing like a cup of Jolla with scam pie in the morning!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So a few people have notifications that orders are moving forward. Do we have anybody else that's recently taken receipt of their tablet quite yet?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So a few people have notifications that orders are moving forward. Do we have anybody else that's recently taken receipt of their tablet quite yet?
Just received text from dhl about a package from HK, order status at shop.jolla.com still 'Paid', estimated delivery Monday, hope it's not a scam

newsletter revceived bby mail regarding "our Tablet refund processing tool"

Dear Indiegogo Jolla Tablet backer,

As described in our previous blog post we are now proceeding with refunds for the Jolla Tablet.

In order to facilitate this, we kindly ask you to visit our Tablet refund processing tool and fill in your personal contribution information.

This tool will be available from 16.March.2016 and Jolla will keep it open at least until 16.April.2016. At that point, Jolla will assess whether or not to extend for a short period of time the availability of the tool. After this, the tool will be closed and Jolla will no longer be accepting refund requests.

What you need to do:

Page 1:
1. Fill in your original Indiegogo backer email, i.e., the email address you used to make the contribution/contributions. For help with this go here.
2. Add your original contribution/pledge ID that you got when making the contribution. For help on this go here.

Page 2:

1. Here you will see all your contributions, please verify that the info is correct.
2. If you wish to decline the refund, and donate the money to the future of Jolla and Sailfish OS, please tick the box “no refund” here.
3. Fill in your current email address if it is not the same as the one used when making the original Tablet contribution via Indiegogo.
4. If you did not use PayPal to pay for your contribution, you will need to provide us a PayPal ID, i.e. an email address associated with a valid PayPal account*. If you do not have one, you will need to create one here.
(* If you have not used PayPal before, please note that you can use the funds to either buy online with PayPal or withdraw the money.)

Once you have submitted your backer information, and it has been validated, we can then proceed with issuing the refund. Refunds will be processed on a weekly basis and seeing as there will be international money transfers involved, please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks before you see funds on your PayPal account.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation,
Jolla Team

FAQ:

Q. When will I get my refund?
A. Once you have provided us your details and they are confirmed, we will then process refunds in bulk on a weekly basis. As there are international money transfers involved, this whole process can take anywhere from 3 to 4 weeks before you see any funds on your PayPal account.

Q. Will I get refunds for all my contributions?
A. For Indiegogo contributors Jolla will refund 50% of all your contributions (including accessories, updates, shipping) now and 50% later when our financial situation permits that. This was communicated earlier in the Tablet update blog. We aim to keep you apprised of this over time. And, be advised that once you have received the first part of the refund, you do not need to reenter the tool and provide your details again.

Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
newsletter revceived bby mail regarding "our Tablet refund processing tool"
I received that mail too now.. after receiving tablet last week

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
I received the mail as well, when I enter the page as described, it says "Status: Pending Shipment"

Additionally, Jolla has exited the restructuring process:

http://www.tivi.fi/Kaikki_uutiset/jo...a-pois-6532696

So, they have managed to secure funding and reached an agreement with major creditors, so debts won't be cut (li they would in restructuring/chapter 11 type of thing) but there will be more flexibility in arranging them. Some people that left the company have returned and they are hiring. Remains to be seen how long it will take to get things back on track and how much of recent slowdown is permanent...

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Got a birthday present today (just a few days late). Got also the Tablet refund Mail today. So I logged in, to donate my refund. And what do I see: Pending Shipment . So i will get my tablet - That are brilliant and unexpected news. And no, I will not donate my tablet .

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund