My sheevaplug has been writing to its attached usb flash key at max speed for a couple of months now, still no bad blocks..

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
I don't know how the wear leveling is implemented, but a flash key of mine used to "shrink" when it got bad blocks, though it wouldn't drop a message about it ^^

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
I am having the same issue where the cpu is basically totally unresponsive when using transmission. I gathered from reading this thread that limiting the number of peers connected might help with that. Any suggestions on numbers to use? The default settings are 60 peers and 240 total connections.

Also, what does the "inhibit hibernation while downloading" option under the desktop options do?

Bump.... anyone??

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Sorry, this may not be a solution to your problem as I don't use transmission on my handheld, but but I do experience similar issues while using rsync, so maybe it doesn't have to do with transmission or rsync specifically, it might be a lower-level driver or even a hardware design issue.
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Ok some research on this. This appears to be an IO blocking issue. When the app is initially building the large empty file (that all torrent clients do) prior to starting downloading. Thats when you will experience the major slowdowns. Then as the app buffers up the data its download you will see a speed jump in the download speed and the N900 will become responsive again. As it flushes that out to disk you get slowdown.

I am not sure what we can do to rectify this issue. Qtorrent does not seem to suffer as badly from this, perhaps it uses a smaller write.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure if that is the issue, as the n900 is pretty much unresponsive until I pause the download.

Anyone know what the "inhibit hibernation during download" desktop option does?

I second the idea that slow down is caused by IO bandwith of the eMMC. I'm goimg to test today and report back.

You are using an older version of Transmission. You can download the latest version from here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=32

We are still working on this. However it is pretty stable as of now.

Try it out !!!