Posts: 9 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ United States
I really messed up, but would really appreciate any help!!

I updated to PR 1.2, however after installing there were tons of apps missing, so I decided to re-flash it.

I tried to use the PR 1.1 image to flash with the following command:
flasher -f -F rootFS.bin --flash-only=rootfs --erase-user-data=secure
where "rootFS.bin" is the PR 1.1 firmware.

Unfortunately, after this, it didn't go through (I was blindfolded by the amazement of PR 1.2, that I forgot, you couldn't downgrade.).

And now when I try to restart the phone, it just shows the initial NOKIA logo (the one that briefly shows up after start up) and then shuts back off.

Please, please help! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Hmmmm.... I'm not using n9 but I'd do this way:
1. reflash with 1.2
2. dig the Internet through how to get 1.1 back
hope it helps

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Hmmmm.... I'm not using n9 but I'd do this way:
1. reflash with 1.2
2. dig the Internet through how to get 1.1 back
hope it helps
you canīt downgrade back to PR1.1....
wait until the PR1.2 shows up at NSU or NaviFirm, then re-install it...
thereīs more of us having various issues after the PR1.2 update and waiting for this, too...

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Chennai, India
I think the root cause for all problems are MeeGo tweaks..! It's better to delete all 3rd party programs, flash the phone, then hit the update..! For those who already updated and facing problems have to be patient and wait for PR1.2 to be availabe on navifirm.! Really sorry for you guys.. In a way am happy that I haven't got the OTA update yet, now I know whats coming and be prepared for it..!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MhedYaseen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by MhedYaseen View Post
I think the root cause for all problems are MeeGo tweaks..! It's better to delete all 3rd party programs, flash the phone, then hit the update..! For those who already updated and facing problems have to be patient and wait for PR1.2 to be availabe on navifirm.! Really sorry for you guys.. In a way am happy that I haven't got the OTA update yet, now I know whats coming and be prepared for it..!!
My thoughts exactly. If you have done various tweaks, and are comfortable with flashing the phone, I suggest you reflash PR 1.1 and then update. I was forced to do this, after my OTA update failed and almost bricked the phone. After wiping it clean, the update went fine and I haven't experienced any issues with PR 1.2 so far.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YavkatA For This Useful Post:
The flashable image for PR1.2 was released last night - download it using NAVIFIRM and you can flash back to a working install.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You can restore like this:

Go to settings -> Erase (I think it is, mine is Danish, but it is button one) -> Erase Unit (Also, ot sure about the naming here, again, its button one)

It will take some 15 minutes, and after reboot (done automatically) it is back

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
i need to flash too. I cannot find my phone variant. Can i flash with different variant? Is that possible?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by RoXBee View Post
i need to flash too. I cannot find my phone variant. Can i flash with different variant? Is that possible?
You propably need the same variant, you can search in navifirm for your country/region. Or look on the box

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
(don't know whether it's possible or safe): maybe formatting the whole phone and then flashing would allow downgrade? [I'll take no responsibility if this destroys your N9 - it's just a loose idea]

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post: