Active Topics

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Just got home what did I miss guys??

Is the video from morning unveil up?
Also is there a video for the demo of the UI they did at 3pm?

Thanks
Makeclick has been updating the first post mate, see the links there.

We have the OS & UI running on the n950 so far. Only news of hardware is that they expect to release a device before summer 13.

There is also the Jolla.com site up too

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-11-21 at 19:14.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by isto View Post
From the sailfish wiki QA:

Will you support DRM

No.

Ooops. 8-)
DRM must DIE

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
No HW KBD. What an utter fail. I will look forward to reading about jolla in some cracked.com list of fail mobile OSs along with meego, moblin, harmattan, tizen and bada.
As far as I know, no hardware has been announced. If you were talking about what they were running on, I think they were Nokia N9s.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
No HW KBD. What an utter fail. I will look forward to reading about jolla in some cracked.com list of fail mobile OSs along with meego, moblin, harmattan, tizen and bada.
Well, they haven't announced anything about the device(s) yet, though I'd say it's fairly clear which market they are going after based on the fluffy UI. I'm not expecting any devices with a HWKB, unless some OEM produces one, but I doubt that will happen. The market is moving squarely in the fondleslab direction atm, because that's where the dosh is.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Raspberry Pi?
I thought that...

I can't get a sharp enough image when I zoom but from the placement of the SD card, the yellow AV port and the silver blocks in the opposing corner (hdmi/LAN/USB), I think it is too... Even pulled my pi out to compare.

Let's hope that we will get some fish-pi

Edit: Just spotted a HP touchpad there too,

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-11-21 at 19:29.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I am more interested in the the browser perrormance, store, camera, mail app, and all the essential things that we use on a phone.. So far, nothing seems interesting enough for me to get excited to buy a sailfish powered phone. On top of that the poor presentation made it unappealing!

Sorry for being harsh, but if they want to continue to become a well known company, they will need a lot more polishing than this.

In the video on their main site, Check it out at 0:50!! theres an Android logo there!

Nice little clue that this is probably going to be getting Android app support

http://jolla.com/

Sorry if somebody already spotted that

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I can't buy a device:
1. when the presenters of the software seems so bored and uninspired that you almost fell a sleep. Where's the passion?(only marc seems inspired, he had some fire, the rest should probably be tied to there work stations )
2. no keyboard.

I hope both change to device announcment so I can change my mind.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

After the hype they received i thought they would have done better job on the A day.
This was not their A-Day, in fact they have not showed us more than 3 homescreens and the basic UI paradigm on an old N950.

Disappointing, but understandable when the launch date is still 6 months away.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I can't buy a device:
1. when the presenters of the software seems so bored and uninspired that you almost fell a sleep. Where's the passion?(only marc seems inspired, he had some fire, the rest should probably be tied to there work stations )
2. no keyboard.

I hope both change to device announcment so I can change my mind.
Good to know. Good bye

Tags
dave ate sail, fishing jolla, n9 sailfish, nokia n950, sailfish, sailfish os, sailfish video, where?