Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by MishaS View Post
I noticed that pretty much all packages from Diablo extras were re-compiled for Fremantle... It is possible that some accidently ended up in the SDK repository instead of extras one...
Mmm unlikely in theory since that re-compile was done by Jeremiah aka maemo.org debmaster and the SDK repository should be accessed only by the Maemo development platform team @ Nokia, but... let me ask them to be sure.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Soumya says that the reason why fribidi is in the SDK is to satisfy build dependency for slang, but it won't be in the device.

This will probably not be the only case where a package is in SDK to satisfy build dependency and not on the device. The device does not need such packages. The SDK has quite a many tools which are not in the device (check the meta package maemo-tools).

We are looking for a solution, feel free opening a new thread if you want to discuss further. In the meantime the specific problem with FBReader is clear: there is a missing dependency with libfribidi0 that needs to be solved. Maybe uploading it to extras-devel is the simplest solution now.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but seeing libzlibrary in my N900's Application Manager frustrated me.

The original use case, outlined in the original posts (being able to download a few debs and install them offline) is not met by putting libzlibrary in user/. Maemo 5's Application Manager has no option to install from individual files.

The only solution for the offline install requirement is something along the lines of a deb which contains other debs and installs/uninstalls them in its postinst/prerm. This does not require any special section for FBReader's library.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
That article isn't really about the lack of an eBook reader, it is about the lack of recent (ie DRM encumbered) content.

Originally Posted by TFA
There are a few eBook in Nokia’s OVI store, but these are mostly free books that have already entered the public domain. Where are the recent titles like Dan Brown’s Lost Symbol and Going Rogue by Sarah Palin?

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
extras-devel, fbreader, fremantle