Active Topics

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
The TV out control home plugin has been written by Ville Syrjälä - I've just packaged his source for Extras. This thread is the "bugtracker" link for the package, so if you experience any problems with this, report your problems here.

Features of the plugin that are not available in the control panel:
  • Aspect ratio control - switch between 4:3 and 16:9
  • Scale control - scale the display to fill the TV screen area, or make it smaller

The original source can be found in maemo-tvout-control on Gitorious, the original announcement is also available.

Maemo package page of maemo-tvout-control
Attached Images

Last edited by thp; 2011-01-13 at 12:26.

The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Very nice, the N900 needed this!

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Someone should make a Control Panel application from this to replace the original application

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Even i think that a control panel applet of this should be made....Would be much better..

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Sure, go ahead and create one - the code is open. I'd have modified the original applet, but it is closed source (click on that link to see the license change request and vote for it). I'd love to see an improved control panel applet (either written from scratch or the original one modified) be included in the Communitu SSU

Is there any hardware for a HD tv out cable that will work on the N900?
Using the TVout cable on my old CRT tv is fine but when i plug in in through a scart plug on my hd the quality seems worse

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
was gonna say about a control panel applet, BEATEN.

great idea but !

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL

(Qt)

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2011-01-16 at 12:27.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
If anyone feels like merging both applets together, here's the clone in Qt, it works fully in the same way the stock applet does.

http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/libcptvout
Binary here: http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...ies/libcptvout

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
This is wonderful. I was tinkering with it, and I discovered that this works only with the "main" display, not with the "cinema" display or anything, so I, for instance, have to do something like this (while PAL is selected in the settings):
"echo ntsc > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display1/timings & echo 59,30 > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay2/position & echo 640,500 > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay2/output_size"
While the film is running (like in Kmplayer and SiB or Mplayer) to make the screen resize.
I was also trying to work on how to crop and resize at the same time, but no luck till now.

I would love to see anything like that (Vert and Horz resize + crop) in any future improvements of this widget.

BTW, I like this as an widget... Its far more accessible this way, for everyday use...

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-01-17 at 05:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post: